"Thank You For Your Service"
Create Post
    Super Moderator Platinum Member USMC 2571's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings

"Thank You For Your Service"

I find it embarrassing when someone says that to me, although I know it's done out of genuine respect for the military. So I thank the ones who say it. But, I'm thinking. The military did more for me than I did for it. A 17 year old kid, handed the best job I ever had in my entire life, Morse Code Intercept Operator, top secret clearance, best friends I ever had and still keep in touch with to this day. Everything paid for except laundry. So----my country served me far more than I served it.

So, to avoid this, I replaced my USMC ball cap with one of those John Deere green ball caps, and it wasn't five minutes before someone said "Thank you for your farming!"

--------------------------------------------

Similar Threads:

while I do appreciate the acknowledgement of my service, when it comes from a non-veteran of my own age it is really "too little, too late" IMO, given the way we were treated when we came home.... those same individuals that disrespected and degraded us are the ones that now want to "thank you for your service".... again, just MO...

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Yepper Dave I hear you,I don’t advertise;I don’t chit shower and shave nor sport a high & tight like I did back in the day.I carry myself like a Man and am dam proud I was a Marine

I do not like fake people.......some are sincere, so are feeling guilty, and some are just wanting your approval.....just saying

When I returned from my 13 month tour in Korea there were no parades and no thank you's. and I did not give a ****.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I don't mind it so much from little old ladies as I think they are mostly sincere. Oldtop makes a good point about non-vet males our age.

Thread Information