Who was your sweetheart when you enlisted - Page 75
Create Post
Page 75 of 76 FirstFirst ... 2565717273747576 LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 1128
    Jack, most of them special forces spend most of their time hiding from the enemy. We Grunts take the war to the enemy.....We invented search and destroy......Russ, you was wounded, Brother. The mental wounds are nothing to make light of. you and Jack are my leaning posts. I can bullshet and joke and laugh about us, but I know we walked into the mouth of the Dragon together.....and together we will always be.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Right on Billy...when people read our posts fartin around they donít have a Clue about the Dept of what You Russ and a few others have endured and Survived...We have Each other too horsechit with...itís a good thing Billy best Psych Iíve ever had...thatís for Sure I love you, Russ; like you are my own blood and a couple more guys here and our adopted little sister Kim

Well Billy, my mental wounds, they tell me I have PTSD and I'm a hard case. My mental wounds today are mainly that I found out that I can't get into fights anymore as I don't know how to stop or back down. Not always a good thing. The doc's even tried to convince me that I could die, I'm sure glad I never heard of that shivt back in the day. I just told them that if they had lived beside me and kept coming out of those shivtholes they'd be immortal as well. (Truth is, most of those next to me didn't make it.)

Besides, I know you and Jack were told the same things I was, "Marines never die, we are Marines forever." I, like the 2 of you STILL Honor our brothers that were lost.

I will always owe the both of you my life, for I was dead for sure at that one place till you all fought your way into us and saved my young asss. Together, we killed us sum gooks didn't we. If I remember one of your guys got the Medal of Honor for that little walk in the park.

Yes, we have fun, rip each other a new one from time to time, but that's what we did back in the day as well. Most folks don't know that 03's play as hard as they fight, and if we haven't been in a fight for some time we just fight each other for practice.

Remember a few years back to red clyde? He had been in my regiment, the 2/5 and he thought that I was his friend. but then he got into real hard with you Billy and I opened up with both barrels. He asked what set me off, now he understands, I always stand up for my brothers, especially my blood brothers. I love both of you, not trying to get mushy, just telling the truth. For life. S/F

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Russ my brother Vietnam Combat Marine...Life has a Flavor most will never know...I’ve had 7 friends that have committed Suicide none where Veterans...does it make Me a better Man ? No but it makes Me realize those MFers where trying their Damnedest too Kill my young a$$ every step I took over there...I didn’t keep count on the day week month...didn’t have a short timers stick...but I kept count of eVery Step I took...and the Marines I put in a Poncho...once You carry the Dead weight of a fellow Marine it’s something I still feel like I’m carrying eVery day of my Life...I ain’t into F**King Medals all I ever wanted too Do was never let down another Marine when the Chit hit the Fan and it Hit the Fan a lot for Me I don’t ever talk about the Chit out here in the World...I don’t have a Dam thing too prove too any Man...I know what I did and when I did it...I’m very glad the Lord Almighy gave me the Strength Mentally and Physically too Do So when it Counted and I didn’t get any other Marines Killed...I’ll never Kill Myself now killing somebody Else is a totally different story...only regret I do have is I didn’t Kill more of those MFers back in ‘68

This sweetheart is Italian, did Nurse Lenzini look anything like this?

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Ward 3C

Lt.Commander L in Her Civvies going on Liberty in Georgetown 1969 Thanks for the Flashback Kim

Here y’all I found this old Smithsonian article on the history of Sweethearts it’s entertaining but for some reason I can't embed the link here.

Here are some highlights:
    • Sweethearts are made by Necco, one of America’s oldest candy companies, they’ve been around since 1847.
    • 13 million pounds of Sweethearts are sold every year around Valentine’s Day.
    • The messages have changed with the times there were Sweethearts that said “Dig me” and “Fax me”.
    • The company has continually nixed any anti-romantic message suggestions such as “Get a Pre-nup”.
    • A Michigan man, Mike Waltz, went to extraordinary lengths to collect enough “Marry Me” hearts to propose to his girlfriend in 2004. Mike has his own memento in a valet box on his dresser: a Sweetheart that says, “I do.”

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/arts-culture/the-history-of-sweetheart-candies-157116/

Been around forever....

Well, maybe not much longer!

I just researched Sweethearts candy a little deeper and come to find out just like Sears the Necco company went into bankruptcy this year and sold at auction to the maker of Dum Dums.

Maybe Ed and Dave know about it, it was a Boston area company for 171 years and they also made Clark Bars and some candies called Necco Wafers that Union soldiers carried in the Civil War and they were sent by the caseload to GI’s in WWII because they didn’t melt and rarely broke.

Necco Wafers have often been referred to as America’s worst candy. For now the new owner plans to keep making the wafers and Sweethearts but it seems there’s a constant battle between the tastes of the younger generations and the nostalgia of traditionalists. Hmmm sounds familiar.

Growing up, I always liked a candy called Big Hunks. It was a white chewy candy. Don't know if it's still around or not. Now, I know for a fact, that Russ ate a ton of those Sugar Daddies. Jack was hooked on that black liquorish (spelling).

Big Hunk I love that name! You can still get them, they’re made by a company called Annabelle’s in Hayward, CA since 1950, they’re still family owned, third generation. I like Snickers and Reese’s myself. I like a Sugar Daddy on occasion but black licorice is disgusting, yuck!

Here I stumbled upon this hot, patriotic sweetheart washing her car on this frosty morning.

Welcome back oldtop, I've missed you! We saved this nozzle gripping sweetheart above for you, I love her bikini!

Did you have a relaxing time at your winter cabin? What did you do, cuddle with your pug under a quilt and read some good books? Chop wood and then watch it burn in the fire?

It all sounds very peaceful and reflective, add a naked lady and a Yorkie and youíve got the perfect vacation...

Glad you're back!

thanks Kim, it was relaxing to not have to get up for work or meet anyone's schedule but my own.... mostly, I fought a cold and sinus infection, not exactly what I had in mind, but ChiChi and I worked our way through it..... adding that naked lady and a Yorkie would have done wonders for helping get rid of that cold, where the heck were you??? That would have been better than Niquil for sure......

I wish we did come, I want Gus to meet Chichi! He’s getting so bored with me, I’ve been reorganizing my already minimalist organized belongings as if that will somehow magically bring order to the rest of my life.

And I’m slowly getting going on these resolutions, they’re the same ones I’ve been recycling for decades: moderation, eat healthy, exercise, don’t drink/don’t smoke, dress for success, socialize, write a novel, learn to play the guitar… I’m improving on most of these at least, but mostly because the repercussions are too painful to endure to partake of any vices anymore.

I hope you’re feeling better, eat healthy, take a good quality multi-vitamin, I started taking a multi-mineral too, 75% of people are deficient in magnesium. Get you some good CBD oil, it will kick your immune system into overdrive and take vitamin C of course. Drink lots of water and take long deep breaths, inhaling light and love and exhaling out all negativity. Heeheehee

And when I can start following my own advice and resolutions and I’m looking like a smoking hot sweetheart in my yoga outfit I’m going to shoot y’all some pranayama and yoga videos so we can get healthy and stay sexy together.

Being healthy is fine.....going to extreme lengths to achieve perfect health is a mental disorder. Getting behind the wheel of a vehicle, is 10 times more dangerous than living life to it's fullest. Since only God knows when we will check out and by what cause......I won't deprive myself of chocolate and cigarettes, just so a falling tree can kill me in great Health. I won't waste my time at the Gym, nor do I need to, because I stay active and have lived a full life. I'm not immortal, so God and Nature will call me home, when it's time....healthy or not

Thread Information