Who was your sweetheart when you enlisted - Page 206
Create Post
Page 206 of 208 FirstFirst ... 106156196202203204205206207208 LastLast
Results 3,076 to 3,090 of 3109
    Super Moderator Platinum Member Mongoose's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Russ, remember Bam Bam? Surprised....I kept her picture that you gave me when she wrote you that Dear Russ letter, when we were in Nam. What ever happened to her, Brother??

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Funny-and-ugly-people.jpg‎
Views:	72
Size:	19.5 KB
ID:	33629  

You're right Billy, Bam Bam broke my heart. My squad said that as a result they all thought that I had a death wish. When I wasn't killed all those times I started to think that maybe it was for the best as the God's must have something better in store for me.

Later, after becoming Johnny Appleseed I found my way. But I still miss her dearly at times. I guess you can just chalk it up to 1st love. But, I still remember her smile and the twinkle in her eye when she looked at me.

Remember: Come Monday or Tuesday is the anniversary of my 3/5 hitting the Hook, after which you and Jack fought y'alls way in to reinforce us saving the day and my life. Hell, I couldn't even die there. Because of the Hook though, I can forgive you for telling everyone about my dear Bam Bam who I found out later became a 2 bit ***** - but I forgive her. Just saying.

Credits
    Savings

Been there-Done that-

My sweetie was really named Suzy. We were very hot and heavy for a few years before I enlisted. Her mailings got me thru Vietnam halfway sane. But when I got back she dumped me: "You are different..." Well, duh.

I was really pretty heartbroken. Along with my war warped brain I contemplated suicide. Luckily, I chickened out. It was a long way down that jagged mountain.

I hopped into my '69 Datsun 2000 and roamed around the West coast a bit. I finally settled down, went back to college on the bill and 45 years ago I found the love of my life and mother of my two wonderful sons. I'm still w/that wonderful woman. Life, the Marines, war, love does have its detours. U gotta' be strong, dig in and take them. It's worth the ride.

Quote Originally Posted by SGTGoody View Post
    My sweetie was really named Suzy. We were very hot and heavy for a few years before I enlisted. Her mailings got me thru Vietnam halfway sane. But when I got back she dumped me: "You are different..." Well, duh.
    I recall a couple of Brothers who got "Dear John(s)" while in VN.
    That would suck and take a toll on one's overall mental well being when being shot at in a land far, far away.

I left no one behind....glad I didn't.
    Hence, I wasn't distracted in that context and didn't have to agonize about the possibility of getting dumped during my 13 month picnic.

Yep...life is hard, full of disappointments and everyone has to get used to it.

Carry on....

well FO I hope she doesn't get sand in her Schlitz.........beer.....

Quote Originally Posted by irpat54 View Post
    well FO I hope she doesn't get sand in her Schlitz.........beer.....
    Pat, are you referring to the "Old Sandpaper Lick?"

hahaha.... could be.....

very nice, but, can she cook as well?

She is kinda nice but those tattoos are not that make her cool it's the side arms she has on...

Oh, I didn't see any tattoos at 1st and I just passed my eye test. Oh yeah, now I see it.

she had side arms???

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Women are like the Bus another will come in 15mins !!

Take it from the Best Point Man Ev in both the 1st & 3rd Mar Div...You Dump your Girly friend before You go across the Pond so You can give your Full undivided Attention too Killing Gooks and Blowing all their Chit UP !!! Heart Breaker & Life Taker !! Go Easy Aye Aye Semper Fi

Thread Information