Who was your sweetheart when you enlisted - Page 117
Create Post
Page 117 of 117 FirstFirst ... 1767107113114115116117
Results 1,741 to 1,751 of 1751
    pickle salesman... say no more... I cannot, for the life of me, find any use whatsoever for the "pickle", unless it is the "pickle" in a F/A aircraft that releases the bombs... the "edible" kind has no use at all for me.... now when it comes to "cherries", that is a whole different matter.... HeeHee...

I'm at work now, listening to some Bob Seger on the computer.... rocking out to "you'll accomp'ny me"...

Have a nice weekend William!

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmer View Post
    I just watched a good documentary on Ted Williams that just came out on Netflix y'all may want to check out. Billy sent me an email about him the other day, I'm sure Dave and Ed will pull their hair out but I'd never even heard of him (I was born in '71!). Anyway, for anyone else clueless or suffering from dementia, he was a Marine fighter pilot baseball player, the greatest hitter of all time they say.

I like documentaries, I'm pretty sure Ted had a personality disorder of some sort, he was moody, angry and had stormy relationships (that's what happens when you're mama or daddy don't love ya just saying). I would've thought he was hot but I don't like self centered volatile men.

When WW2 came about he didn't even want to enlist because he loved playing baseball and didn't want his career interrupted and someone just mailed him a piece of yellow paper and that fired him up enough to sign up. Not only did he join but he served in WW2 and Korea and became a great pilot and instructor.

He seems like an interesting character and many black players credit him for getting them in the hall of fame because he was the first to speak up and say it wasn't fair they weren't getting recognized.

Anyhow, check it out on Netflix, they interview lots of people and show great footage and we may get to see ol' grumpy Ted again someday, his kids froze him after he died, hahaha.

He should have his ass kicked for his hands in his pocket, took care of enough officers on the Rock, mostly arrogant sob's, SFMF.

I don't know the hands in the pocket rule I just thought he looked handsome in that pic but he definitely had a huge attitude problem. His whole shtick was refusing to tip his hat to the fans even when he broke the 400 batting average and after his last time at bat before retiring he still refused to tip his hat to his fans.

But he had a son and the documentary implied that his son totally took advantage of him, he had old Ted sitting there signing baseballs night and day or whatever he could to make a buck off him.

Then everybody wanted Ted to make an appearance at the 1999 All-Star game and he refused UNTIL he heard that if he wore his son's logo on his T-shirt it could be huge advertising for him and make him money. He had already had a couple of strokes and couldn't walk so they brought him out on a golf cart and all the players rushed the field in adulation of him and refused to go back in their dugouts. They helped him stand up and he threw a pitch and FINALLY he tipped his hat to his fans.

But I agree with you, I can't stand pricks like that, I know of much worse childhoods than a cold religious freak absent mom and a drunk pickle salesman dad, just saying.

yep to both of those posts... funny how OFFICERS are the most "pocket challenged" individuals in the Corps, especially WING Officers ......

Credits
    Savings
    Never knew this ?

There's a website for gay dudes to hook up for sex called 'Grinder' that explains that too.

My mom will not shut up about this podcast she wants me to listen to and now she's asking me to tell y'all about it, she said for me to tell you that she's 71 and she loves this podcast and the host Micheal Berry always talks about veterans, she also loves the bumper music. I still haven't listened to him yet but he's in Houston, TX so maybe one of y'all wants to check him out for my mom.

The Michael Berry Show Podcast

https://www.iheart.com/podcast/139-t...show-27764850/

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmer View Post
    I don't know the hands in the pocket rule I just thought he looked handsome in that pic but he definitely had a huge attitude problem. His whole shtick was refusing to tip his hat to the fans even when he broke the 400 batting average and after his last time at bat before retiring he still refused to tip his hat to his fans.

But he had a son and the documentary implied that his son totally took advantage of him, he had old Ted sitting there signing baseballs night and day or whatever he could to make a buck off him.

Then everybody wanted Ted to make an appearance at the 1999 All-Star game and he refused UNTIL he heard that if he wore his son's logo on his T-shirt it could be huge advertising for him and make him money. He had already had a couple of strokes and couldn't walk so they brought him out on a golf cart and all the players rushed the field in adulation of him and refused to go back in their dugouts. They helped him stand up and he threw a pitch and FINALLY he tipped his hat to his fans.

But I agree with you, I can't stand pricks like that, I know of much worse childhoods than a cold religious freak absent mom and a drunk pickle salesman dad, just saying.
    Marines aren't suppose to put hands in their pockets, an officer should set the example glad I was enlisted, watched a show on Ted which was a good show can't take his baseball days away from him, SFMF.

Don’t get me wrong I have tons of respect for someone like him that can transform anger and frustration into goals and achievements instead of becoming a criminal like his brother or someone like me who wasted all their potential being a pothead recluse because they didn’t have an idyllic childhood. I’m obviously intrigued by him or I wouldn’t have been thinking and talking about him for days but it just makes me sad people like him can excel in so many ways but can’t maintain a basic, healthy, loving, human relationship.

Anyway, I went ahead and listened to Michael Berry’s podcast, my mom doesn’t ask much of me and I should just do anything she asks of me. He seems like a good, fun, Texan boy, he’s a civilian my age that loves and appreciates veterans just like me. He acknowledges that us civilians can’t be there for veterans when they’re struggling with the scars of war but we can support them in every way that we can so that they can support each other. He works with a charity called 'Camp Hope' that supports veterans with PTSD. And I liked his bumper music too but I’m surprised my mom does, it’s all country, bluegrass and southern rock and my mom has always only liked soul music.

I guess she wants me to listen because it’s a way for me to keep up with current events in a non upsetting way. Before I hung out online with y’all every day, I used to be a groupie for a talk radio station in LA called KFI. I used to email with all their talk show hosts and listen to Coast to Coast every night but after I moved away from LA I just lost interest.

I really don’t want to listen to any news anymore, it really depresses me but I like to be knowledgable and know what’s going on in the world. I know society tells me I should be some lesbian out breaking a glass ceiling somewhere but I truly just want to marry a good man and support him. The Bible tells me that’s the way it’s supposed to be and that’s all I’ve ever wanted so that comforts me, the Bible backs up all of my beliefs that society tells me are wrong so I enjoy spending my time reading and listening to it.

I guess my mom is just concerned that all I like to think and talk about is Jesus and Marines these days and she’s trying to find a more ‘normal’ outlet than hanging out online with a bunch of Marines her age and only reading the Bible, heehee.

Bless her sweet heart.

Thread Information