Hey guys! I just have some questions about the 1371 MOS.

1. What is it like being a combat engineer while you’re not deployed? Can anyone walk me through a typical day in the life of a combat engineer while stationed and not deployed? What are your hours, and what kind of duties do you perform?

2. Are there opportunities to learn more about this field after MOS training is completed? I love to learn, so I’m just wondering if there are formal ways to continue your education as a combat engineer so as to excel in that field.

3. I’ve read that a combat engineer can be assigned to an engineer battalion, an engineer support battalion, or a Marine wing support squadron. Can anyone explain to me the difference between these different assignments, and what they do? Do any of them get to work with an MEU?

4. I know it wouldn’t be my decision, but where would I need to be assigned to be able to directly support ground forces when deployed? How likely am I to receive this role?

5. This is more of a general Marine question, but is it difficult to sleep at night aboard a ship at sea?

My apologies for any incorrect terminology or statements in my questions. Thank you so much in advance for your answers!