Questions about 0861 Fire Support Marine's
Create Post

Questions about 0861 Fire Support Marine's

Good Afternoon everyone,

i have a few questions out there for any Fire Support Marine's... i know 75% of the information about the job i just would really like to know some specifics. Im 17 years old, currently enlisted in the USMC from Long Island New York with the contract of Electronics Maintenance, i only signed that contract because my parents are divorced and in order to enlist with divorced parents under 18 years old you need to get both of your parents signatures as you probably all know... so i chose the Electronics Maintenance job because my Dad did not want me to chose and MOS that even had the slightest chance of me seeing combat, and it had an $8,000 signing bonus, but over the past few months of me being enlisted i have talked to him about the MOS of 0861 and he is now finally onboard with the whole idea and i am in the middle of switching my MOS to 0861. But out of curiosity i would like to know some specifics about the following...

1) How difficult is the School House overall?
    2) How difficult and what type of math is taught?
    3) Pass / Fail Rate of the class?
    4) How difficult are the Test's in class and the Live Fire's?

my Current GPA in school is a 78.00 i'm not sure if that will help you answer my question's, i'm just nervous for the Math parts of the school house because it is not my best subject and i really do not want to get dropped into any other 08xx MOS, because no other Arty job interests me except 0861, and its the only job i want to do in the Marine Corps.

I appreciate anyone who responds and helps, Thanks!