Chances of getting a BUMED medical waiver? Should I even try
Create Post

Unhappy Chances of getting a BUMED medical waiver? Should I even try

I was admitted to a psychiatric hospital after a suicide "attempt" I was not trying kill myself just wanted to get out of a situation I was in. I fractured my ankle and lost my job plus my parents were going through a divorce. I called the suicide hotline and they called the paramedics to come pick me up at my house.

This was a one time thing and I really regret doing it. This one mistake a made does not define the kind of person I am. If I could turn back the hands of time I would not have done it.

Other people have suggested lying to MEPS, but that could get me in trouble if I ever got found out, and I do not want to live a lie.

The question is what are the chances of me getting a medical waiver? and should I even try to go through the process?

Similar Threads:

1. You need to ask a recruiter this question. There are none here on this page.

2. Nobody here will ever suggest you lie about anything. Integrity (doing the right thing) is one of our 14 leadership traits. Those suggesting you lie to MEPS lack integrity, and you should tell them so. You are correct, lying about anything in your past, can result in fraudulent enlistment charges. Not worth the gamble, even though many have gotten away with it.

3. My guess is, your chances are slim-to-none. But, I'm not BUMED and, you'll never know unless you try. At least, go see a recruiter, tell them everything, then assess the situation. I have seen waivers come back approved I never thought stood a chance in hell. Also seen waivers disapproved that surprised me too - it's a case-by-case basis.

Read the similar threads below your post and good luck.

1. You need to ask a recruiter these questions. There are none here on this page.

2. Nobody here will ever suggest you lie about anything. Integrity (doing the right thing) is one of our 14 leadership traits. Those suggesting you lie to MEPS lack integrity, and you should tell them so. You are correct, lying about anything in your past, can result in fraudulent enlistment charges. Not worth the gamble, even though many have gotten away with it.

3. My guess is, your chances are slim-to-none. But, I'm not BUMED and, you'll never know unless you try. At least, go see a recruiter, tell them everything, then assess the situation. I have seen waivers come back approved I never thought stood a chance in hell. Also seen waivers disapproved that surprised me too - it's a case-by-case basis.

Read the similar threads below your post and good luck.

Sorry about the double post. No idea why that happened.

I might have more of a chance with the army as they have been known to issue mental health waivers in the past.

I just told my recruiter the whole situation. I will update the thread with his response. If he tells me there is no chance or if he doesn't get back to me then maybe in another life.

The recruiter just told me that he does not think I will be able to process at this time. Woulda Coulda Shoulda

There might be hope after all. The recruiter told me there might be a chance if I get a letter from a psychologist saying I am fit for military service.

100% chance if you don't try the answer will be "no."

Best of luck.

Mike

Thread Information