Daily Life of Motor T?
Create Post

Daily Life of Motor T?

I leave later this year November 12 and I'm thinking about Motor T. I been into fixing cars since I was little and wanted to know what someone thinks about it who has this MOS?

Similar Threads:

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I would be a poor source as I did not like Motor T and was never fond of mechanics. Only God knows why the Marine Corps put me in Motor T. That said, I spent very little time working out of a motor pool as a simple driver during my two-years in Motor T. That isn't to say I didn't do a lot of Motor T type stuff. I did. I just didn't have an average day except for the first few months.

Some guys really liked Motor T. Maybe you would be one of them.

Was not Motor T. If you're assigned to the motor pool as a driver, you could be dispatched to drive a bus all day, sedan (Commanding General's duty driver), cattle car, etc. Personally, would not want to join the USMC just to be a bus driver. Not saying that's what you'll be doing but, somebody in the Motor Pool has to do it, and you'll be the low man on the totem pole for awhile till you pick up some rank.

Good luck.

There are a lot of these "day in the life of" posts they get annoying after a while. Ok you will either live life as an Op or a Mech. Either you will be driving the HMMWV or you will be working on it. Make sense? Then depending on the command you will PT with your NCOs everyday and weekly with Company/Battalion. You will become disgruntled and lazy or you will weave yourself into the "USMC" silk road where the "Good ol boy" network still exists. You decide your career, the Marine Corps is easy if you can do what you are told when you are told, be where you are supposed to be in the right uniform, and no be a mouth breather you could be a future SNCO in this very Corps. Problem is 99.9% of people that join the Marine Corps forget why they joined, the consequences of what they joined, and what it actually means to take orders. Just my .02

If you like fixing stuff I'd consider going the aviation mechanic route. Better by way of transferable skills, and it seems that our mechanics rarely did more than oil changes. Overseas, all the "interesting" maintenance went to the contractors.

Drivers do what it sounds like, drive. My wife was a motor-T operator. In Afghanistan she got to see a lot more of the country than I did as they did supply runs from base to base. They also got blown up like it was cool.

I agree somewhat on why people get disgruntled... but let's not act like the organization is without it's flaws, which in some instances needlessly push people to get out.

Mike

Thread Information