Need some wisdom for my situation with MEPS and recruiters
Create Post

Unhappy Need some wisdom for my situation with MEPS and recruiters

Hello all.

I am currently a student at UGA, but I have come to some situations in which makes it difficult for me to finish school at the moment. Though I only have a couple semsters left to graduate, I have decided that it was best for my situation to put school to the side for awhile and enlist into the military. My goal at first was to become a Corpsman to get some medical experience and give back to the Navy and Marine Corps, as my father is a Marine Vet of over 20 years and growing up on base all my life and being part of the supportive community has been a positive experience in my life. So my first choice was the Navy. I went to MEPS to take my ASVAB and get medically examined. Everything was good except I had a rash on my leg, probably came from wrestling and martial arts. The MEPS doc left my case open and I did not get to swear in on that long day. The MEPS doc required that I go see a dermatologist and get a letter stating the diagnosis of the rash. Within the coming months after the request.The dermatologist suggested that I have a biopsy done and have a clear diagnosis which came out to be contact dermatitis VS eczema. The dermatologist stated that the condition that I had was not severe enough to be eczema and I also have never had eczema in my life. So here professional diagnosis was contact dermatitis. She wrote the letter to MEPS with the diagnosis. Ultimately, I got a letter at home stating the doc at MEPS has disqualified me from military service due to Eczema even though my dermatologist stated specifically that I do not have eczema and never had eczema. I spoke to my recruiters about the situation. All they could say was that They put a waiver in for me and it was declined, when I didn't do anything to have a waiver done. I have called other recruiters stating my case. they explained that they could help and that my current recruiters just kind of gave up on me and that they had a lot on their plate at the moment or whatever.
    I am now considering going to a Marine recruiter. I know they won't give up on me. I will be providing all my medical letters and info to them and put everything I got on the table. I know that there are other branches that would help me, but this is home to me. I was wondering if you all think I still have a chance of getting into the Naval services, have any info that will help me, any advice for my MEPS situation, or just have any thoughts at all about this?