How well will i do in boot camp?
Create Post

How well will i do in boot camp?

I am asking this because i want to know if i'll be looked good upon or just another recruit because i was in the Navy Sea Cadets which is basically NROTC lol, and i know alot of marching, terminology and general orders etc. I am in solid physical shape due to being a wrestler and keeping up with that conditioning. Any former NROTC marines? if so can you explain how well it helped you at recruit training.

Similar Threads:

Our guide did well mainly because he was in great shape and was phenomenal at rifle drill -- like could straight up do stuff from Marine Corps commercials. He was a crappy leader.

Mike

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I wasn't a Sea Cadet, but was in the Civil Air Patrol. I think it helped me in boot camp, particularly at the beginning when the drill instructors were on people like flies on poop for screwing up drill movements. I wasn't the only one who knew their military right from military left, but we were either not noticed, or ignored for the time being. I put my money on ignored as they could spend more time on the clumsy clowns.

Eventually, we were noticed, especially when it came time to learn the manual of arms. Only one guy in my platoon kind of knew the Marine manual from being on an Army ROTC drill team and one guy from having been in the Army. They still had problems learning the Marine Corps Way.

I don't remember ever being picked on especially for being in the Civil Air Patrol or not. Probably was at some point. If so, I just blew it off.

Guess what no one cares if you were a former navy cadet. I literally dont care what you did in a previous life unless it pertains to getting the job done. Same thing if you were the guide or squad leader in bootcamp that doesnt go on your headstone when they bury you. NO ONE CARES! just shut up and do what you are told you will be seen as the same garbage as everyone else.

Your experience "should" be beneficial but depends on how your DI's view it (how your fellow recruits view it is irrelevant). The more you already know, less time you'll have to devote to it as a recruit - and you can devote that time learning something else instead.

Good luck with your journey.

I agree with you Monkey! Too much time is being spent on frivolous crap; too much time is spent on posting crap that doesn't mean a damn thing.. All a recruit needs to do is do what they are told, and do it well. These folks are wanting to be baby sat.

ORDO AD CHAO

Thread Information