Not afraid of boot camp...
Create Post

Unhappy Not afraid of boot camp...

So it might be a little weird but I知 not afraid of going to boot camp hardly at all if even at all. I feel weird that I知 not nervous but it might just my preconceptions. So I want to know if it is weird that I知 not nervous or I知 just being a little weird thinking that it痴 weird.

Similar Threads:

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    If you're not at least a little nervous now, you will be by the time the first DI gets in your face at Receiving.

Makes no difference if your scared or not.....you will still shet in your pants when reality sets in.

DI's love people like this guy. This tough guy will be on the floor with his thumb in his mouth crying for his mama. So go ahead tough guy and talk your crap; the DI's will keep the lights on for you.

ORDO AD CHAO

I think you took my post the wrong way. Trust me I’m no tough guy. I just don’t feel like I am nervous because it just feels like it’s without question what I should be doing and it doesn’t feel like a major life decision because it feels like I have already been doing this for the last 5 Years and just have gotten used to it.

Boot camp is going to be your worst nightmare at first, but once the training settles in, it will be easy if you do what your drill instructors tell you to do. The real challenges begin after you graduate boot camp.

Bootcamp has changed a LOT from when us old salts here on this page went thru it. DI's still scream and jump around a lot (mostly during first phase when they're getting the scuzzy civilian out of your body), but they can't haze (touch or curse) you today. Fourth phase is devoted to mentoring boot Marines meaning, they don't even yell at you at that point because you have earned the title already. In my opinion, as long as you do everything you're told to do, you will graduate. If you possess the self confidence that you can accomplish all the tasks required of a recruit, there is really no need to be nervous about it. It's common today to hear a boot Marine claim they thought bootcamp was fun - something us old salts never heard/said ourselves.

Good luck.

Super Moderator Platinum Member USMC 2571's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Sounds like you'll do fine. Being nervous or not nervous is quite beside the point. It makes absolutely no difference, and even if 99.9% of the population IS nervous, and you are not, so what? What does it mean? Nothing.

Just focus on one thing. Instantaneous obedience to orders. Giving it 100% effort, 100% of the time. The rest will come naturally.

You won't have much choice. You will either succeed or be PTd half to death. But most of it is mental. Go into it absolutely dedicated to the idea of giving it your ALL, every waking minute and before long you'll be graduating.

Good luck to you. Remember that being nervous or not being nervous----whatever is normal FOR YOU is what counts. Even if the entire world would be shaking in their boots and you are calm, so what??

Thread Information