Navy Corpsmen Get Prepared for Combat—With Tour of Duty in Chicago - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Chris dont call us medics they are in the Army just like Marines dont like to be called soldiers Soldier.The PJs I have alot of respect for. But the way you talk about the PLS bailing peolpe out s^&t how about the Docs who dive on a granade or sacrifices himself to save his brother.. So I alway tell people to either call me doc or Corpman not "MEDIC" Just like you guys want to be called Marines not soldier. So that is my 2 cent I hope I did offend you Chris but I just want to set people strait about us Corpman. I am suprised because you know the history of brother between a Doc and his grunts. Anyway Godbless and Semper Fi my brother.

You are right doc h fmf. Navy have Corpsmen and Army have medics.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by doc h fmf View Post
    Chris dont call us medics they are in the Army just like Marines dont like to be called soldiers Soldier.The PJs I have alot of respect for. But the way you talk about the PLS bailing peolpe out s^&t how about the Docs who dive on a granade or sacrifices himself to save his brother.. So I alway tell people to either call me doc or Corpman not "MEDIC" Just like you guys want to be called Marines not soldier. So that is my 2 cent I hope I did offend you Chris but I just want to set people strait about us Corpman. I am suprised because you know the history of brother between a Doc and his grunts. Anyway Godbless and Semper Fi my brother.
    Doc, that's why I put "medic" in quotes. It means that isn't the correct term. A bit of sarcasm if you will.

I am very well aware about Corpsmen and their sacrifices. I was also permanent personnel at Field Med School at Camp Lejuene after I got back from Vietnam. So I had a bit of a hand in getting young docs turned into Devil Docs. I always got along well with Corpsmen (at least I think so). Some of them were good drinking buddies as well. Some of the Chiefs on staff were three war vets. The CO was a pre-war pharmacist mate and an MSC Lt in Korea where he got a Silver Star. The Leading Chief had been on the Bataan Death March as a boot pharmacist mate and got bayoneted when he stopped to help a Marine who fell out. Some really tough old goats in that outfit. Old Navy to the max. I was proud to know those guys.

I am very very Sorry Chris forgive me,it is just that I am tired of hearing people calling us medics and sailors. I love my Marine brothersand sisters. I have a lotof respect for PJs. But I sort of got upset because the corpsmen and the Mrines have the longest history of brother hood,First we werew the lobbyboy and then Pharmacist Mate and finally corpsman. I hope still can be friends,Semper Fi god bless and love you my brother.

Believe me....Chris would never intentionally show disrespect to a Navy Corpsman.

After reading the comments and in honor of our Navy Corpsmen Brothers, I went and corrected the article to reflect the correct name.

The original author apparently didn't know any better...

Sempper Fi Corpsmen, and Doc FMF...

There are a couple of cities in Jersey where they could train. When i get out of the Corps, i will not move back to Jersey. Thinking of Calif.

Quote Originally Posted by robbieusmc View Post
    there are a couple of cities in jersey where they could train. When i get out of the corps, i will not move back to jersey. Thinking of calif.
    think again...

I used to think that California would be a great place to live; my thinking and knowledge of California has changed completely. Too many liberals; queers, transsexuals, and Democrats for me

ORDO AD CHAO

MY God.....someone please tell robbie to cut his tongue out, for saying Calif.

Toall my brothers especially Chris I want toapologize from the bottom of my heart for going off the other day,especially the history of our brother hood. How many people can say that the Marines and NavyCorpsmen have over 200 plus years of brother hood.I just go off when we are called sailor and Corpsmen or worst of all medics.WE deserve to be called doc .Anyway I just wanted to apologize again Semper fi and God Bless my brothers,love you all from the bottom of my heart.

Stephen Doc HansenHM3 FMF

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by doc h fmf View Post
    Toall my brothers especially Chris I want toapologize from the bottom of my heart for going off the other day,especially the history of our brother hood. How many people can say that the Marines and NavyCorpsmen have over 200 plus years of brother hood.I just go off when we are called sailor and Corpsmen or worst of all medics.WE deserve to be called doc .Anyway I just wanted to apologize again Semper fi and God Bless my brothers,love you all from the bottom of my heart.

Stephen Doc HansenHM3 FMF
    Doc, no need to apologize on my part. I understand completely.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose View Post

MY God.....

Someone please tell robbie
    to cut his tongue out, for saying Calif.
    Give'm a break Marine,

I think he's still trying to figure
    just what them sounds he hears
    is Comming from the
    WhisperingBushes

Ed.....I know this sounds stupid.....but could you elaborate on WhisperingBushes. IN other words ....WTF is it.

Thread Information