Prepare for whining: adverse FITREP question
Create Post

Prepare for whining: adverse FITREP question

Yeah, I know, no one cares. Marines who get an adverse FITREP deserve it, and suck, etc, etc, etc.

If we're done with all that, I have a question.
    Been in since 2006, reserves since 2012. SSgt. Never had an issue with anything, nothing negative, always passed everything.

Well this recent set of drills with my active unit, I voluntarily ran a PFT, just to get it over with. I ran it with two other very young Marines, and they quickly ran out of sight. I was running alone, and miscalculated my time... Got a 28:55. I had no idea, thought that I had plenty of time left.
    Anyway, had a meeting with the Captain, told him that I could pass it no problem, and ran another a couple days later. 26:30. Yes, slow, but I'm old and I still passed.

Well I guess the new Marine Corps way is that they have to run every single PFT for score, no matter what (or so they tell me). That means adverse FITREP.
    I'll be in zone next year for Gunny.
    What are my options for making up for this? I'm not expecting to pick up next year, but would really hope that this doesn't blacklist me for forever.
    Also, are there still FITREP rebuttals? Do I have any other options?

Again, I know that I'm old and slow. I'm not making excuses, just trying to "stop the bleeding" and keep myself competitive.
    Thanks.
    Semper Fi

Similar Threads:

Recommend you talk to your I-I Admin Chief (they do all the FitReps for the I-I Staff and will know the rules for rebutting an adverse report). Should also have access to the order covering FitReps so you can read it yourself, if need be. Good luck.

Super Moderator Platinum Member USMC 2571's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    I don't see it as whining at all. Far from it. PM one of the moderators here, madsox, he was a reservist, perhaps has some insight. But take Tenn Top's advice also. Maybe some others will be along to give you advice about this.

It's a sad commentary that passing something is not enough. If it is not enough, then why even have a pass/fail? Why not just have a SUPER JOB or nothing? End of editorial.

Like Tennessee Top said, talk to your I-I admin chief. I was an I-I admin chief and this would be an easy problem to solve by running a remedial PFT before the end of the reporting period.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennessee Top View Post
    Recommend you talk to your I-I Admin Chief (they do all the FitReps for the I-I Staff and will know the rules for rebutting an adverse report). Should also have access to the order covering FitReps so you can read it yourself, if need be. Good luck.
    Standby for a super-boot moment!

How do I get in contact with my I&I admin?
    In case there was some confusion, I live in PA, but my unit is in Quantico... I don't drill regularly, it's kind of sporadic due to the type of reserve duty I'm in.
    So should I make contact in PA, or VA?

Thanks for the help guys. Yeah I didn't think I was such an awful Marine, but they're sure making it seem that way.

I was also an I-I Admin Chief here in Knoxville. Pick up your phone and start calling - show a little initiative (they're not going to hold your hand). Begin with your unit in Quantico, they own you.

Thread Information