Colorblind question
Create Post

Colorblind question

Hi guys, I’m making this post asking about help with my colorblind situation. So I’m really wanting to join the marines and become an mp but I know for sure I won’t pass the pip test or the lantern test. But I can pass the vivid red/green test, my question is are you allowed to still take the vivid red/green test and if you are and pass it can you become an mp with this.

Similar Threads:

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    First, note that Marine, Marines, Marine Corps are capitalized.

Second, MPs require normal color vision and this is not waiverable. It doesn't matter how many color tests you take, if you aren't 100% color normal, being a Marine MP is not in your future.

Be a grunt, you won't regret it! Besides, you can't even be guaranteed MP.

Mike

Thanks for the reply’s everyone, I will definitely take it all into consider. My question would then be if the vivid red green test is still issued and also if you pass that one are you considered to have 100% normal color vision

Better question for an eye doctor haha. Always question everything, ask the MEPS docs, etc.

Mike

Like Micheal said....become a snuffie. The only requirement as far as eyes are concerned is....if you can still function with mud, sand or blood in your eyes.

No; you are considered to not have normal color perception. If you only pass the Red/Green, you will limited to jobs that do not require normal color perception. This is what happened to me. I failed the PIP and Falant and passed the vivid red/green.

Thread Information