legal help
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: legal help

legal help

looking to enlist active infantry. currently working out twice a day(month 3 of mostly upper body and core), running 6 miles once a day in under 1 hr. taking basics in school. plan on enlisting next year. well try to but should i? 3 misdemeanor drug charges and 1 arrest but not convicted drug charge that would have been a felony. all 5+ yrs ago. now im clean/no trouble 5+ yrs. i know itll be a problem so is there a waiver, or maybe i could get a ton of community service hours, would i have a better chance in the army or am i just **** out of luck with the military all together? im 25 and wasted a bunch of time so before i get too old id like to know whats up, its better to get a no than to wonder what if. anyone have any input/advice? not sure if this mean anything but i was in a young marine program for 3 yrs from 13-16yrs old. went to a jr leadership school(jls camp bullis), after school i earned ssgt and was a di for 2 years. logged tons of community service hrs and earned 13 awards. graduated bootcamp, didnt graduate out of program.

Similar Threads:

Super Moderator Platinum Member USMC 2571's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Talk with a recruiter asap. All that other stuff is nice, and might tip the scales if it were not for the drug involvement. But no one here can give you as accurate info as a recruiter, so contact one and come back and update us. Good luck to you.

What the hell does this forum look like. A confessional boot? The Marine Corps does not need people like you. Here is my advice; become a priest!

ORDO AD CHAO

The Young Marine Program, junior leadership school, etc all sound nice. My question is, what the hell (if anything) did you learn there? You obviously were not putting into practice any of the principles taught at those places. What makes me believe now you would adhere to any leadership/core principles expected of a real Marine when you didn't in the past - nothing (a zebra does not change its stripes).

Won't hurt to go talk to a recruiter. They may be under quota this month and at least let you in the door. Don't expect much after that. Army recruiter is just down the hallway.

Excellent post Top!

ORDO AD CHAO

thank you. yeah theres nothing i could say to convince anyone ill abide. though my actions since that rough patch will show improvements. just not sure if itll be enough so i came in search of someone with similar problems. guess theres only 1 way to find out.

Hopefully they cant help you. You have 3 drug charges, 1 arrest and almost a felony, and you've been good for what 5 years on man we will give you the Nobel Prize for peace. The Marine Corps has plenty of applicants who have done nothing wrong and that will still never be able to enlist and serve their country in any of the branches. I mean you can talk to a recruiter but something tells me they wont waste their time unless they are really hurting to make mission.

thank you, thats what i thinking. no draft no military for me. sucks. who knows, maybe theyll have a need for combo welders, idk. i dont want to just give up without trying everything and exhausting every resource.

Like I said. There's always the Army. They'll take anything with a pulse and a brain cell. If the USMC recruiters turn you down, give them s shot.

Good luck.

thank you. will do.

Give it a shot. If you really turned your act around and they can work with you I'm sure they will.

Mike

thanks mike. i will after school because it helps my case. its a dream to enlist and id make a career of it. just sucks i got side tracked for a bit and had to wait so long but im back on track. maybe i could get lucky with yall taking everyone who walks in, when i do.

Let's see; you're 25 years old now; there was nine years between being in the young Marines and now; got in trouble for drugs four times; arrested once; and ****ed away a lot of years,and now you want to enlist in the Marine Corps.

Wow!

ORDO AD CHAO

thank you hammer. as a youngster i didn't realize the impact it'd have on my future. i know i made bad desisions and ive been paying ever since and will continue to pay for the rest of my life. if its not meant to be then so be it, dosent mean i won't try.

Quote Originally Posted by stankfoot View Post
    thank you hammer. as a youngster i didn't realize the impact it'd have on my future. i know i made bad desisions and ive been paying ever since and will continue to pay for the rest of my life. if its not meant to be then so be it, dosent mean i won't try.
    that's all you can do is try, as you said before, if you don't try then you'll always be doing the "what if's"

Thread Information