What to do?
Create Post

Thread: What to do?

What to do?

I'm currently trying to enlist and My recruiter hopes to send me to MEPS in a few weeks and ship out in couple months hopefully. But there is ofcourse a problem, i have a criminal record in another country from When i was a minor.
    My recruiter says if i decide not to mention it at MEPS they would never find out wich i Believe. I filled out some forms with him and he told me what to choose yes/no and on the question about if i ever been arrested i didn't pick anything and Said i wanted to think about what i was gonna do.
    It is a 99% chance that it is Non waiverable and didn't know what to do in the moment. I've gotten alot of mixed answers but wanted to ask what you Marines think i should do?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    We here generally advise telling the truth.

But without knowing what the charge was, the disposition, and what country, I'd have no idea what to say to you.

Also, it isn't beyond the realm of possibility for your record to be discovered, particularly if you later need to get a top secret security clearance. The FBI doesn't have attaches at US embassies just to twiddle their thumbs.

We have enough criminals in the Marine Corps already and don't need another one. Go down the hallway and talk to the Army recruiter. You won't even have to lie about anything and they'll still take you - no waiver needed. That way, you can serve with a clear conscious.

I know there is a possibility it Will be found and it is a misdemeanor drug charge so it dosen't look good. I don't know if it makes a difference but if enlist and Try to be as good a Marine i can be maybe it won't get me kicked out of the Corps if they find out.

Dont waste their time if you are going to lie the Corps doesn't need lying sack of S*%TS, more then we have already.

Be honest and go from there. Legal issues WILL pop back up and bite you in the ass.

Mike

If they find out, that is classified as a fraudulent enlistment and you'll get kicked out regardless of how good a Marine you are.

Thread Information