Everyone MUST check this out
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    dep_baumy
    Guest Free Member

Everyone MUST check this out

This is an amazing website. Go and watch some of these videos, I reccomend "Taliban Bodies" Watch that first, this is purely awesome.

http://grouchymedia.com/

P.S.

Here is another link to some Marines footage.

http://www.informationclearinghouse....rticle5365.htm

last summer at OCS we were a few weeks in and they showed this at the beginning of one of our classes. it was pretty motivating cause it was the first video or music we had heard in weeks.
    some pretty cool videos on that site. thanks for the link.

Matt

Registered User Free Member 2ndplacesucks's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    dep_baumy

what is the best for watching these video's?

I downloaded that real media, I saw die terests die, and taliban bodies. but after that it would not let me watch any more, I am on my bro's computer, he has windows meidia player or something, does that work????????

any one that knows what thet are doing for sure please let me know, thoes video's were bad and I want to watch the rest.....

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!

dep_baumy
    Guest Free Member
    I have always used Windows Media Player and never had a problem, the one time I did use real media though, it didnt work, probaly best to use WMP.

Registered User Free Member leroy8541's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Cool videos, although the one video on information clearinhouse was a clear case of murder!! The Marines shown in this video are all in for a court martial if the right people see this. Motivating though.

Lake0300
    Guest Free Member
    I disagree with "murder".

Marines have orders. Shoot on sight anyone emplacing IEDs. You know, those road-side bombs that've been pestering our vehicles? Those little ****ers that've killed more then 200 of our men and women.

The only thing I didnt like about that video was that the first two shots missed. -Lake

dep_baumy
    Guest Free Member
    I agree with Lake, he was already wounded, they were just finishing up the job, putting him out of his misery if you want to be optimistic.

I haven't seen the video yet but if they wounded him and then went up and "put him out of his misery" then it is a war crime. Otherwise known as murder. You all need to get a clue and realize that combat isn't just going out and killing the enemy. It's easy to sit back and talk trash. Once you are faced with it and experience it you will see that your apparent thirst for combat will disappear rather quickly. I have found that most Marines who try to glamorize war are basically full of sh!t.

Well said Gunny!

Registered User Free Member leroy8541's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    When you go to bootcamp you will learn the diff between a kill and out right murder, and trust me folks this was murder! The Geneva code was put into place for a reason, war is no excuse for lawlessness. I agree with the Gunny and Sgtj, war sucks, been there and done that. Don't care to do it again, but will if told to.

The deps and Poolees will soon discover that war, at least on "our" side is covered by Rules of Engagement. They leave very little doubt as to how one acts in a war zone.

I have yet to see a "shoot on sight" order regarding civilians "emplacing IEDs." Those of us who have been "there" know that everything isn't black and white. Each week there are accounts of civilians being killed in Iraq that were later found to be "innocent" and just in the wrong place, at the wrong time doing the wrong thing.

It's NOT any easy decision when to pull the trigger on a civilian. "Shoot first and ask questions later" doesn't hold water in the 21st century.

About combat - can't say it any better than the Gunny did above.

Registered User Free Member SGTDBG0411's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    RIGHT ON GUNNY AND ALL MY FELLOW MARINES THAT KNOW WHAT COMBAT IS ALL ABOUT. THESE YOUNGSTERS TODAY WATCH TOO MANY WAR MOVIES OR PLAY TOO MANY VIDEO GAMES TO CARE ABOUT WHAT IS RIGHT,WRONG OR THINK IT'S COOL. BEING COOL IS STUPID AND CAN GET YOU HURT OR KILLED IN THE MILITARY OR CIVILIAN WORLD. UNTIL YOU HAVE TO TAKE A LIFE WILL YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT LIFE IS ALL ABOUT.

Originally posted by Mudwalker

I haven't seen the video yet but if they wounded him and then went up and "put him out of his misery" then it is a war crime. Otherwise known as murder. You all need to get a clue and realize that combat isn't just going out and killing the enemy. It's easy to sit back and talk trash. Once you are faced with it and experience it you will see that your apparent thirst for combat will disappear rather quickly. I have found that most Marines who try to glamorize war are basically full of sh!t.
    I normally am a lurker here but dicided to point something out. Was it me or did I see the guy reaching for a rifle to the side.(on his Right) I am preaty sure that if a guy is reaching for his rifle after being wounded he is fair game. Am I wrong?
    ---Jon

I read an article somewhere where it said he was reaching for his rifle. I'm not sure about how that affects the situation. I don't think it was in the Marines best interest to cheer after shooting him, especially on camera. I've never shot anyone so I guess I can't really say how I might react.

Matt

It amazes me the number of people who make comments about murder, putting him out of his misery and this is wrong and that is wrong when no one here on line saw any of the preceding incidents that led up to the individual who was wounded. This is what our press people contantly do, as they only want to show the things that create news... not the entire footage.
    For those of you who are old enough, remember Hue City the day before Tet 1968, it was a peaceful nice treelined drive coming into town. no one then expected that night of hell. In a free fire zone if it moves take it out, if it carries a rifle it is the enemy no matter in unifor or not... The will kill YOU quicker than you even think...
    Tom Whitt
    Southeast Asian War Games
    Class of 67-68

Thread Information