FMF Corpsman question - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Understood...

I'm
    not real sure of what the MCL requirements are for membership, thus, I can't answer that one.

It wouldn't be the first time someone has "
    embellised" their service times either, just saying...

I still stay with the fact the Clinic's abord the Recruit Stations are not basis for FMF status...

MCL requires FMF designation for Corpsmen and Chaplains to be full members. If they do not earn the FMF designation they can only be Associate members. That means they cannot hold elected offices or vote.
    Again, I appreciate the information.

The answer is spelled out in the membership requirements for the Marine Corps League. Navy Corpsmen who has trained and served with the US Marine Forces (FMF) units in excess of ninety (90) days and have earnd the Marin Corps Device (cap) worn on the service ribbon, and those whom have earned the wafair Device authorized for FMF Corpsmen.

Those individuals who are not qualified to join a regular members may be accepted as an associate member.

I hope this answers this question. The person in question should have already been vetted by verification of their DD214, or by existing members who served with them.

As a member of the League; you can appeal to your Commandant, and if still not satisfied to the State Commandant.

These requirements were in place when I was the Judge Advocate for the my MCL, and I do not believe they have changed. However; check with your local JAG.

ORDO AD CHAO

Hammer,

Here's the real kick in the ass. I am the Commandant of my MCL. However, the person in question has been a league member for several years and before I became a member. He's also held the Commandant position. I have consulted the National offices. There recommendation is to have the JA investigate and request the DD214 for review. This is going to get interesting to say the least.

You've got a mess on your hands. Make sure you have the State Jag involved as well if you intend to pursue it. I've seen this type of thing before, and have worked through them, but messy. Odds are; the person in question, will not proffer up his DD214; but who knows? Good Luck! Let me know how it comes out

ORDO AD CHAO

I'd say go for the review of the DD-214, the individual that started the MCL in this particular area and after 20+ years turned out to be a fraud...

It happens...

It's easy to offer an apology and be certain, then let it continue...

JMHO

I concur with Hammer...

Thanks guys. I may just let it ride. I don't want to cause embarrassment for him or create a hostile environment within the detachment. I'll keep y'all posted.

Why not just talk to him in private first. In the field, our Doc's were very precious to us, posers not so much. The problem is that most of us Marines do not know much about the Navy or Corpsmen. Many Corpsmen in the Nam were in the rear hospitals or forward stations, nothing wrong with that, but they were not embedded within our units. That's the difference.

I was an FMF Corpsman from 1985-1990 served in Desert Storm. I dont Qualify for the FMF Pin but I earned the old FMF Ribbon ,did the same things Marine Corps PFT Esential subjects and weapon familiarzation retired rifle expert.

Doc, I don't know about, nor do I care about a FMF pin......your my Brother.

I have nothing but respect for the FMF Corpsmen I served with and the others that I have met through the years. But if someone did not earn the FMF designation then the should not be allowed to, 1st say they are and 2nd be allowed to be a full member of the Marine Corps League. While I respect their service, there are rules and regulations within the MCL and they should be adhered to. I do plan to have a one on ne conversation with him in private and then I will go from there.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Sounds like a Plan give that Pecker Checker hell lol

Thread Information