Getting a Medical Waiver from BUMED
Create Post

Getting a Medical Waiver from BUMED

My Junior year of high school I tried to join the Air Force because they were the only branch I was contacted by and I thought it would be good. The recruiter told me I needed a waiver because I was going to physical therapy to strengthen my abs and glutes to support my hips. I was denied by the Air Force and the next day got a call from a Marine Recruiter and later an Army recruiter. I went with the Army first because I had family who served in the Army but I eventually switched to the Marines because I knew I wanted to be a Marine more than anything. I was supposed to hear back on the waiver in October 2017 but MEPS decided they wanted me to resubmit my medical documents. I got amazing letters from doctors saying I’m perfectly normal but the CMO still PDQ me. After MEPS loosing my documents for 3 weeks, I’m now getting close to hearing back from BUMED on getting a consult. My question is how likely is it that I will get the waiver from BUMED. My recruiters always tell me its going to be good but the deadlines constantly get pushed back. At this point I’m looking for any insight I can get because I’m not finding anything close to my case everywhere else I look. Thank you for your time.