Marine Jailed for shooting Home Invader...
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Marine Jailed for shooting Home Invader...

Marine JAILED After Shooting Armed Home Invader

A Marine is behind bars for defending himself and his family from an armed thug.

It was an ordinary evening for Joey Nelson. He was at home with his fiance, their 3 week old child, and a couple of friends. Then, all of a sudden, they were startled by violent pounding on the front door, and someone trying to force their way in. Nelson grabbed his gun and told the thug to leave. That’s when things turned violent.

Joey-Nelson-Marine.jpg

According to Fox 2 Detroit:

Westland police say the man outside was 39-year-old Michael Wilson of Detroit.

“I don’t know (who he is), my son doesn’t know him, the owner of the home doesn’t know him,” said Steve Nelson.

Cracking the door frame Nelson’s family says Joey grabbed his gun and yelled for Wilson to leave.

“He opened up the door because he was standing here in the yard,” Steve Nelson said. “(Joey) told him to get off his property and at that time (Wilson) produced a gun and started shooting at my son.”

Nelson’s family says the young Marine was shot in the hip before calling 911 and telling everyone to get downstairs. Joey Nelson fired back at Wilson who they say took off as police arrived.

Although Joey Nelson is charged with several felonies, Michael Wilson is only charged with carrying a concealed weapon.

“This man out here in the front yard fired multiple shots into a house with multiple people inside and a 3-week-old baby simple and he’s (only) charged with concealing a weapon illegally?”
    asked Steve Nelson.

Michael-Wilson.jpg

Michael Wilson, the criminal shooter who started the shootout. He is now considered the “victim” after shooting at Nelson and his family.

DetroitNews.com adds
    :
    Officials said Wednesday the three people involved in the shooting — Kori Willhite, 24, of Garden City, Joseph Nelson, 28, of Westland, and Michael Wilson, 39, of Detroit — were arrested after the shooting, officials said.

Willhite has been charged in court with disguising her identification to police officer and possession of improper prescription drugs, both misdemeanors. A judge set her bond at $50,000 and scheduled her next court appearance for Tuesday.

Nelson has been charged with assault with intent to commit murder, assault with intent to do great bodily harm less than murder, assault with a dangerous weapon and felony firearm possession. If convicted, he faces up to life in prison.

A judge set his bond at $150,000 and scheduled his next court appearance for next week Thursday.

Wilson has been charged with carrying a concealed weapon, a felony punishable by up to five years in prison.

A judge set Wilson’s bond at $5,000 and scheduled his next court appearance for next week Thursday.

You’ve read this right. You can show up at someone’s house, start shooting at the homeowner/renter, his fiance, baby, and friends, and only be charged with “carrying a concealed weapon” with a bail of $5,000.

But if you dare try to stop the person shooting at you, then you are charged with multiple felonies, face life in prison, and your bail is $150,000.

Furthermore, apparently “disguising” your identity to police and being in “possession of improper prescription drugs” is a greater crime than shooting at people.

According to the Wayne County jail inmate roster, Michael Wilson is not currently booked, possibly already out on his $5000 bail, while the original victim, Joseph Nelson, is still booked on his outrageous bail.

kym-worthy-600x261.jpg

Wayne County Prosecutor Kym Worthy, the public official charging Nelson with felonies and giving Wilson a slap on the wrist

You can reach the Wayne County District Attorney Kym Worthy at (313) 224-5777.

You can reach Westland police chief Jeff Jedrusik at 734-722-9600.

Similar Threads:

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Next time put a bullet in his head !

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I don't know about this one. Based on what is reported, it should be a matter of self-defense. I know Michigan law having been a cop there for a long time. But, the law in Wayne County is often very different than the rest of the state. Kym Worthy, the County Prosecutor, is a big-time liberal and anti-cop. She is also anti-2A.

Something is not being reported. Some detail. Even Kym Worthy knows her limits as the State Supreme Court is majority Republican and they won't have any problems sticking it to her if necessary.

Here in Texas....they would put you in jail, if you didn't shoot the azzhole.

The lesson here is shoot to kill and keep on shooting until the mother-hubbard is dead.

Both as a Marine and as a cop I was taught to ONLY shoot to kill. If my intent is not to kill, my gun stays put. If I ever winged anyone it was a mistake.

Exactly.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by advanced View Post

Both as a Marine and as a cop,
    I was taught to ONLY shoot to kill.

If my intent is not to kill,
    my gun stays put.

If I ever winged anyone,
    it was a mistake.

Kemosabi always did say
    TONTO ,
    couldn't shoot for $hit

I am proud to say, I live in a State that allows deadly force, no matter where you are. If you are in downtown Dallas and someone pulls a knife on you, you have the right to kill that azzhole right where he stands.14225378_10208903351732905_7554405412420938822_n.jpgDear-Muslim-Rapists.jpg

Something abut a good looking woman with a gun that just makes me, well, you know.

12728836_1183432391668394_2972453267513849123_n.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by advanced View Post
    Something abut a good looking woman with a gun that just makes me, well, you know.

Super Moderator Platinum Member USMC 2571's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Post 3. Where Chris says that something isn't being reported. I think that's the key to it all.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by USMC 2571 View Post
    Post 3. Where Chris says that something isn't being reported. I think that's the key to it all.
    I've done a little research. The incident happened in Westland, MI. Westland PD does not have the best reputation in the Metro Detroit area.

There are allegations that the detective in charge of the case was drunk when he was at the scene. Further, it appears he may have screwed up the paperwork.

Later, when a lawyer hired by the family tried to see his client, the Westland PD refused. The lawyer got a Writ of Habeous Corpus and the PD refused to recognize the writ.

I haven't found any more information, and I can't determine if even the above is 100% But, something is fishy here to me. See:

http://www.fox2detroit.com/news/loca...arge-into-home

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2018...rine-gun-case/

Super Moderator Platinum Member USMC 2571's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Good detective work chris

Thread Information