Have a question about disqualifiers
Create Post

Have a question about disqualifiers

Sorry if this is the wrong place for this post, I'm having difficulty navigating the forums.

So long story short I had a rough time in freshman and sophomore year of high school due to family issues and i ended up cutting (freshman year). Stupidest thing I ever did. The cuts were made with a shard of glass and were very shallow and there are NO scars except for one on the inner forearm that was actually made with my thumbnail. It is not across my forearm but rather down, about an inch long and barely visible unless you know where to look. I did go to counseling last half of sophomore year for my parent's divorce and there i told the therapist that i had a history of cutting and suicidal thoughts. I was not put on any medication and I stopped going after a few months. Right now however I'm a junior and my mother pulled me out of public school and is homeschooling me. I'm mentally sound with no marks on me whatsoever except the one that doesn't look like a self harm scar.So what I'm wondering is if they would be able to pull up my records from counseling and see that I told the lady I have a cutting history, even with therapist-patient confidentiality? And will I be asked if I have a history or will they just look to see if I have marks? I'm not going to lie if asked.
    I don't know if this helps, but I'm pretty much a perfect candidate physically other than severe acne I'm going to a derm for and very slight scoliosis that i doubt will be DQing. No medical problems or conditions beyond those two.

Similar Threads:

someone will be along that knows more about this than I do, however in the Marin Corps, they will put a lot of mental stress on you in Boot Camp, so they may have questions about that, as far as will they find out.... yes... they will, and rightly so, have complete access to your medical and schooling records, so whatever was even whispered to a concealer will be found out about.

at the very least they will have to get a waiver for this...

The Proud, The Few, The Constitutional Marine
    Merry Christmas

That question is double loaded....

First, your asking if you can pull up and look at records to see what's been written.

Second, you state you would not lie if asked...???

My opinion is this, go and ask a Qualified Marine Recruiter and get a straight answer...

Last edited by FoxtrotOscar; 12-07-17 at 01:06 PM.

at the very least with all of the baggage, I would say the OP will need at least two or three waivers... I'm not sure that they are going to want to go for all the waivers needed... but they may... can't hurt to ask for sure and for certain.

Merry Christmas

This is a soup sandwich of posts. He starts off talking about how he cut himself with shards of glass and ends it on how he is the perfect candidate except he suffers from acne. Da Fuq?

I really think the OP is honest, but, honesty is not going to make him a Marine that I would want to cover my back. The Corps is not going to accept someone that has past mental problems......just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose View Post
    I really think the OP is honest, but, honesty is not going to make him a Marine that I would want to cover my back. The Corps is not going to accept someone that has past mental problems......just saying.
    ya not like the new Army policy, right? like this little recruitment vid, I made when the Army loosened their requirements.

Merry Christmas

Thread Information