Looking for advice with MOS difficulties: cryptolinguist
Create Post

Looking for advice with MOS difficulties: cryptolinguist

I am a poolee trying to get into a linguist position. I have already qualified with my asvab and dlab, scores, but in these last two weeks I have come across difficulties, such as my ship date being moved around and jobs suddenly disappearing. I don't know if this is inattentiveness on my recruiter's part or just bad luck, but I wanted to see if anyone here might be able to give me a better idea of what options are currently present for me. It's been difficult to pry any information out of the recruiting office this far. Thanks in advance.

Similar Threads:

Nobody here can answer your question. Only a recruiter in your district can know what options are currently available for that district.

Good luck.

Super Moderator Platinum Member USMC 2571's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    OP, please keep us up to date on what you find out.

Recruiters are professionally trained liars. I hope that when you enlisted you got a guaranteed contract.

It sure was simpler in my days of joining the Corps! We didn't know what we were going to do until graduation. Realizing that times change; this is one change (IMO) that should never have happened. Given todays generation; most will never be satisfied, unless they get exactly the job they want, not what thy are qualified for.

ORDO AD CHAO

It actually makes a lot of sense. If you get people into an MOS that they not only have the aptitude for, but have a desire to be in, they are more likely to be satisfied with their job. Morale improves. Retention is easier. AND, in an all volunteer force, you can actually attract more people. Today's generation has fought two major wars in two countries, conducted smaller combat operations across multiple other countries, for 17 years without needing a draft.

Furthermore, during the Vietnam war, there were avenues to volunteer for various MOS's. Obviously there was not the flexibility on the part of the DOD that there is today -- but it was not in all cases a complete mystery.

Mike

Thread Information