Recon and prior drug use
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Angry Recon and prior drug use

First and foremost this is my first post so please let me know if I messed anything up. I looked up online any additional information, but no answers to my specific situation. Let me begin by explaining my situation. I had a 0311 contract, but my recruiter screwed me and now I have a 8152 ( MCSF) contract. Told me I would get more training (in fact true) which leads me to my title of the post. I know in my heart I can make Recon and is a very bold statement to make, but I believe in myself. But I did admit to smoking weed twice in high school and I do regret because of all the b.s i'm going through now. So my questions are this:

Am I eligible to join Recon although I experimentally smoked weed twice and swore I never will do it again?

If so, can I still try out for recon even if I have a 8152 Contract that do go to SOI and NOT MCT?

And if something happens to where I don't complete Recon, will I still be put back into 8152?
    Thanks in Advance.

P.S If you're not going to help me, then dont post at all.

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by Christian G; 12-03-17 at 07:01 PM. Reason: Additional question

See the similar threads below your post.

Unless it has changed, for MCSF you WILL go to infantry school followed by security forces school. MCSF training is relevant if you end up wanting to pursue something like reconnaissance later on. You just want have a shot at recon right off the bat from infantry school -- which may be a good thing because few make it straight from SOI for myriad reasons.

I doubt the pot use will be an issue. I believe for MCSF you need a security clearance anyway.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by crazymjb View Post
    Unless it has changed, for MCSF you WILL go to infantry school followed by security forces school. MCSF training is relevant if you end up wanting to pursue something like reconnaissance later on. You just want have a shot at recon right off the bat from infantry school -- which may be a good thing because few make it straight from SOI for myriad reasons.

I doubt the pot use will be an issue. I believe for MCSF you need a security clearance anyway.

Mike

Thats the thing , I want to take a shot at recon right after soi...

Graduate boot camp first ...

Give me a break! Smoke dope twice and you call it an experiment? If you had sex twice, would you have called it an experiment; or was it because you liked it?

Keggler was correct in his post; graduate Boot Camp first! People like you are a dime a dozen; wanting something you know nothing about, but it sounds glorious.

ORDO AD CHAO

[QUOTE=Hammer;1030288]Give me a break! Smoke dope twice and you call it an experiment? If you had sex twice, would you have called it an experiment; or was it because you liked it?

Keggler was correct in his post; graduate Boot Camp first! People like you are a dime a dozen; wanting something you know nothing about, but it sounds glorious

Grow up. The whole point of this post was for useful information not watered down opinions. Refer back to my P.S.

Thanks Mike ����

Typical response from a Snowflake! Snowflake, you left the part out about smoking dope!

ORDO AD CHAO

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian G View Post
    Grow up. The whole point of this post was for useful information not watered down opinions. Refer back to my P.S.
    Hammer did grow up - in Vietnam, or Iraq, or Afghanistan, like many of us. He's right. A lot of people come on this site wanting to get into Recon/MARSOC/Scout-Snipers/pick your glorious MOS. I can't remember ONE coming back to tell us they made it.

Going recon straight out of SOI is a low probability bet. Most successful recon candidates have some time in the Fleet and prepared specifically for the rigors of selection. Boot camp and SOI do not prepare you for that. Fact.

How are your swimming skills? Are you really, really comfortable in the water? You get no pool time in SOI and only a little in boot camp. Not nearly enough to train for BRC.

You are the one who needs to grow up and realize that many of us have BTDT, have the t-shirt, and all the rest. We've got the title. You're still hoping.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulu 36 View Post
    Hammer did grow up - in Vietnam, or Iraq, or Afghanistan, like many of us. He's right. A lot of people come on this site wanting to get into Recon/MARSOC/Scout-Snipers/pick your glorious MOS. I can't remember ONE coming back to tell us they made it.

Going recon straight out of SOI is a low probability bet. Most successful recon candidates have some time in the Fleet and prepared specifically for the rigors of selection. Boot camp and SOI do not prepare you for that. Fact.

How are your swimming skills? Are you really, really comfortable in the water? You get no pool time in SOI and only a little in boot camp. Not nearly enough to train for BRC.

You are the one who needs to grow up and realize that many of us have BTDT, have the t-shirt, and all the rest. We've got the title. You're still hoping.

The just you wait on it

Quote Originally Posted by Christian G View Post
    Thats the thing , I want to take a shot at recon right after soi...
    What you want and what you get are seldom one and the same. If they allow you to try right out the gate then fine if they dont they dont.

If you are currently a triathlete I'd say consider fighting for that contract with a shot at the recon indoc... If not, you'll get your turn. Also, raiders have their own recruiting process now as well. If security forces seems like something you want to do rather than just regular infantry, then I'd stick with what you've got. Again, you want recon, STA, raiders, etc, you'll get your chance.

Mike

There was a time on this site whenever a wannabe disrespected a Marine, black helos would show up, and that wannabe disappeared never to be heard from again.

Oh, how I miss the good ole days.

yall some sensitive snowflakes.

Thread Information