Reclassed to MOS 5900- I Still Don't Know What I Do
Create Post

Reclassed to MOS 5900- I Still Don't Know What I Do

Good evening motivators,

I was recently dropped from RTC and reclassed to MOS 5900 at MCCES in 29 Palms. This may sound ridiculous, but I've scoured the internet for information and read the description for the OccFld, but the wording is sort of vague and doesn't make much sense to me. I still have absolutely no clue what my job entails except that I'm "electronics maintenance". What exactly will my day-to-day be like in the Fleet? Do I get to work on the aircraft themselves or just equipment on the ground? What equipment am I trained to repair? Do 59s wear coveralls or cammies to work (EXTREMELY boot question, but I'm curious)? What kind of squadron could I be sent to?

Are there any 5900s on Leatherneck that could enlighten me?

SF,

Dan

Similar Threads:

5900 is a generic MOS you get assignesd until you complete whatever your final MOS course(s) are at MCCES. Most 5900's end up in Radar (I did), but I'm not sure how they do things these days. Most of the time. you'll be wearing cammies.

Read the similar threads below your question.

Good luck Devil.

Like Top said, check the bottom post on your similar threads "? About 5900 MOS field. The second post lists all of the 5900 jobs and any of the ones that say pvt or above you can become. More than likely won't know until you're nearing the end of your BEC course.

Does MOL say that you're a 28xx or a 59xx? My original (paper) contract had both listed but I was given 2841 because needs of the Marine Corps and MOL had me listed as a 2800 rather than a 5900

Thread Information