Anniversary of JFK Assassination
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator Platinum Member USMC 2571's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings

Anniversary of JFK Assassination

Today is the anniversary of the JFK assassination. November 22, 1963. Everyone who is of age remembers what he or she was doing when that happened.
    What about you folks?
    I was on the drill field at Parris Island when the DIs made the announcement. Had been there about 3 weeks.
    ---------------------------------------------------

Similar Threads:

I was in High School when they announced it over the loud speakers. Then we all stood in prayer......

I was a Sgt. working in the 1st Marine Division Ordinance Office,Building 14-B-10, Camp Pendleton.

Credits
    Savings
    I had just left the H.S. cafeteria and noticed teachers and female students crying, asked what was going on and was told about him being shot.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I was in 5th grade at a Catholic school in Detroit listening to a lecture from the Monseigneur when Mother Superior announced the news over the PA. The Monseigneur went absolutely white (scaring the crap out of the Sister who thought he was going to pass out), led a brief prayer, and left. Turned out earlier in his career as a priest, he had been assigned to the Kennedy family's parish and he knew the family, including JFK, well.

Credits
    Savings
    It was a sad and shocking day, even though there had been 3 prior presidents assassinated, it had been a long time since that happened. No one was even remotely "prepared" for 11-22-63.

Credits
    Savings
    (The previous assassination of a president happened 62 years before that day in 1963.)

I was just returning from a swim meet in school when we heard about it, spent the rest of the day watching the events unfold on tv at school...

Me and my best friend skipped school the next Friday and drove to Dallas (80 miles away), to see in person where it took place. You couldn't get close to the spot, because they still had it sealed off.

I was at anacostia NAS aboard the presidential yacht Sequoia .

Credits
    Savings
    George, I always thought you were one of the folks helping to build the Ark.

Dave.......George was Noah's foreman

When JFK was killed, I was in 8th grade algebra2 at Ft Riley Jr High, at Fort Riley, Kansas. The principal announced on the intercom that classes were cancelled, and we were sent home. The entire base was on alert. My Dad was a Sergeant Major with the 1st Infantry Division, and did come not home for several days. Watched the funeral on black and white TV.
    RFK was killed when I was in boot camp. Our meanest Drill Instructor (SSgt Sigmon) called the platoon onto the "company street" in front of the quonsets and told us. It was the only time he seemed like a normal human being.

I hope President Trump finally gets the truth out!!!!

Credits
    Savings
    Amazing---those really strong impressions we remember, so long ago. And we can't even tell what we did three weeks ago.

Dave.....three weeks ago, I was trying to remember what I did the previous three weeks.

Thread Information