Son Being Sent Home? - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    the one big thing that kept me going in Boot Camp was that I did not want to be sent home and face my Family as a quitter, that to me was more unimaginable that any other possibility, to embarrass myself and my Family it that way...

If this young lad is being sent home for something other then medical, I really feel for this family, that is very disappointing indeed.

I came out of PI knowing that the lowest thing in life was a quitter. A quitter is lower than whale shiit which is at the bottom of the ocean. I guess we were just trained differently back then, it never entered my mind to quit. Just saying.

Super Moderator Platinum Member USMC 2571's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    People's entire MINDSETS were vastly different back then, Russ. This is not even the same country it was when we were growing up, hence all the unbelievable changes, none for the better. End of short sermon.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Being a HotDog can get other Marines killed not being a Team player,look at it this way Your only as Strong as your weakest Link

it would be interesting to get the WHOLE story on this deal.....

Credits
    Savings
    We probably will, William...but again, OP, keep in mind what was said earlier, that perhaps your son will be eligible to join some other branch after some time goes by. Just something to consider, if and when the issue(s) are resolved.

Quote Originally Posted by USMC 2571 View Post
    Thanks, William. Very interesting. In the late 70s early 80s I think they just gave them honorable discharges and let them go.....is that part accurate, do you know or can you confirm that?
    Dave, the "UNCHARACTERIZED" discharge came about sometime in the late 80's, very early 90's... prior to that they would get an "HONORABLE" or a "GENERAL UNDER HONORABLE CONDITIONS" in most cases.... the "bad boys" still got the bad ticket discharges, despite their short time in service.....

Credits
    Savings
    Thanks, Top....my JAG time was 1979-1982.

Quote Originally Posted by USMC 2571 View Post
    Thanks, Top....my JAG time was 1979-1982.
    Dave, do you mean that was your air force time?

I'd like to get the full story myself. Right now all we got was 2 minutes to talk to him when it was still up in the air and we encouraged him to do everything he could when he went in front of the CO. Didn't help him in the end.

You think I don't know about quitting or that quitting is just not an option? I wasn't there nor am I him. I'm just reaching out for advice which is irrelevant at this point since he dug his own grave.

Quote Originally Posted by David82d View Post
    I'd like to get the full story myself. Right now all we got was 2 minutes to talk to him when it was still up in the air and we encouraged him to do everything he could when he went in front of the CO. Didn't help him in the end.

You think I don't know about quitting or that quitting is just not an option? I wasn't there nor am I him. I'm just reaching out for advice which is irrelevant at this point since he dug his own grave.
    I know it's tuff not being able to help in any way when my Daughter was in Recruit training, She was put back a bit due to her not qulifing with the rifle, and me being an old Markmenship instructor couldn't do a thing to help... I understand your frustration.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Thats gotta be very hard for Yah Mister to deal with

From a Devil Doc there may be more to this story the a short phone call received earlier. As someone said you may make a call to the CC and see if you can get greater clarification on the issue or issues

Credits
    Savings
    I suggested that, and not the CC himself, but his office. Someone will probably be able to give the OP some good information.

Quote Originally Posted by advanced View Post
    Dave, do you mean that was your air force time?
    Russ..say it ain't true, please, say it ain't true brother.........

Thread Information