Cellphones at MCT
Create Post

Cellphones at MCT

I’m so confused yesterday night two of my boyfriend’s friends snapped me. One of them sent me one during fire watch and then the other sent me a goodnight snap, but I thought cell phones aren’t allowed in MCT unless they’re somehow using it without their higher ups knowing?

You gotta relax, its 29 days. He's gonna be gone for much longer than that with less or no communication throughout his career. Don't burn yourself out now.

Bet your boyfriend would not approve of other Marines snapping you (if he even knows about it). Firewatch is not the time to be snapping anybody and that Marine could've gotten into a lot of trouble if caught (I doubt cellphones are authorized during fire watch).

And to expand on what crazymjb said. The Marine Corps is the nation's expeditionary force. Expeditionary means, forward deployed and away from home for extended periods of time - it comes with the job. Marines and sailors cannot do their jobs sitting at home. You need to start accepting the fact contact/communication with your boyfriend is going to change from what you're used to. I know this is all new and a learning experience for you.

Good luck.

@mg528

Both these Devil Dogs gave you some really good advice. For some reason I am having a hard time remembering most of MCT LOL! MCT is all about hiking, hiking, and getting some BASIC grunt knowledge/experience. I do remember that I did sneak a phone call in to my mom at MCT, and towards the end of MCT we had some liberty to use our phones and such. To piggy back on what the other two Devil Dogs said about preparing for times of little communication. I think the best way prepare yourself for those times is to connect with other wives your Marine works with. A sense of community with other wives may help you in times when the unit is on deployment or if they go to 29 palms or something.

Thread Information