How long is MOS for Field Artillery Fire Control?
Create Post

How long is MOS for Field Artillery Fire Control?

My boyfriend just left to go to MCT in NC, and I know that’s only about 29 days and after he goes straight to school/MOS for his specific job if I’m not wrong. He told me he’s doing Field Artillery Fire Control, and I was wondering if anyone who took up the same profession knows how long school for that is? Also do they get leave after MOS like they did after boot camp? Thank you so much.

Similar Threads:

Can't answer your question about the length of school. You may try a GOOGLE search.

Normally, graduates go straight to their first duty station after MOS school. Marines have already taken 10 days bootcamp leave and will have to accrue a positive leave balance before being authorized to take more (we accrue leave at a rate of 2.5 days each month). About the only time one can carry a negative leave balance is when going overseas like Okinawa Japan for two years.

You're correct. Marine Combat Training (MCT) is 29 days long. Graduates go straight to MOS school (for the same reason stated above). This is can change if it's known MOS school is backed up for a long period of time. In this case, some Marines are authorized Temporary Additional Duty (TAD) orders to go back home for Recruiters Assistance (RA) to work with their hometown recruiters till school picks up. RA is not leave so does not count against one's leave balance.

Good luck to your boyfriend.

I do see that the school is located at the US Army base in Fort Sill, Oklahoma.

MOS is 0844.

Read the similar threads below your post. They may answer your question.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    First, no they do not get leave after school like boot camp, unless they are going to an overseas posting like Okinawa, in which case they might.

School length? I don't know. It's a math heavy course, so I would imagine it will be at least five weeks long, if not more so. Tough school academically.

He might luck out and get some RA in December depending on when his class picks up and how long the school is.

Thread Information