SSgt's as Squad Leaders...??? - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    San Diego IS the real boot camp. Especially when you add the Pendleton mountains to it. Not to mention the torture of the airport literally across a fence, able to see all those free people going anywhere they want to. Never mind in our day, they didn't have jet noise reduction rules in place, so good luck hearing drill commands when a jet liner was taking off. Time to play in the sand.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Take your Sunglasses oFF Sarge then you could read his lips

12717207_1258034427556787_3824867291844249861_n.jpgIt's a sad day when you say your a real Marine....when you haven't humped this little hill, in the cold rain, in the dark, at 2 O'clock in the morning, with everything you have, on your back......singing the Marine Corps Hymn.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose View Post
    Attachment 31919It's a sad day when you say your a real Marine....when you haven't humped this little hill, in the cold rain, in the dark, at 2 O'clock in the morning, with everything you have, on your back......singing the Marine Corps Hymn.
    Humping as fast as the troop handlers can make you go because there is an informal speed contest among them.

That's right Chris......slow was not a word in their vocabulary. Also, in ITR, we slept in the bush, in tents. No barracks for real Marines. We had no heat. We had outdoor showers with no hot water. It must have been nice to have had warm barracks and hot water to shower in.......just saying

San D
    Marine wannabe's!

ORDO AD CHAO

I'm a PI Marine that walked up that little hill. Is that all that you got my SD brothers? Remember I played out there as well.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by advanced View Post
    I'm a PI Marine that walked up that little hill. Is that all that you got my SD brothers? Remember I played out there as well.
    Only walked? Pfft. Just saying.

To PI Marines that little hill was much like a walk in the park. To hear the SD Marines talk it was life or death experience. Now I'm not attempting to demean SD Marines, I can see how that little hill was very big in their little minds. But to us PI Marines, really?

Russ, we will take into consideration your age and state of mind, not to laugh at your feeble attempt to fit in with real Marines. How nice was it in ITR at PI?? I mean being inside with real bunks and eating chow at a mess hall. Having a nice leisurely warm shower.......ahhhhhh the memories you have....just saying.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Tennessee Top or someone had already pointed out that the Army T/O for a platoon sergeant is a E-7 and squad leader is E-6. Promote them faster and pay them more for doing the same job. A company may also have a Sergeant Major doing what we Marines are accustomed to seeing a 1st Sgt do thus the distinction of Army command Sgt Major.

All that said, I think assistant squad leader would be an unfilled billet unless they made platoons bigger. The platoon sergeant would be a gunny ect.

Thread Information