My story and bumed
Create Post

My story and bumed

Hello and thank you for taking the time to review my situation. I apologize in advance if the post is lengthy.
    So let's start with when I decided the Marine Corps was for me. The second to last month of my junior year in high school, April-Mayish. I was interviewed by the recruiter assigned to my high school. Went and filled out the necessary forms and parental consent forms for delayed entry program over the summer. Here comes 2nd last week of June and I'm at MEPS to get evaluated. I previously took the asvab at school so I only had to take the physical and personality tests. I fill out the 'honesty' (background check) paper and put yes to being suspended before to which when I was younger I got suspended a fair amount for behavioral problems cuz of being bullied back then. All my tests check out, they tell me my being slightly underweight is to be waivered and then I proceed to the doctor who questions your results. I attempt to respond about the suspensions saying and knowing my memory isnt too great when it comes to my childhood. Wait hours later to find out from my recruiter that I screwed up somehow. The final results come in and he tells me I've been DQed [B]BUT[B] he tells me the day after I am to return to MEPS on the 4th of July for a psych counsel. He gives me the ol'talk because I'm a soft-spoken person who doesn't talk much. And so I head into this psych counsel and after 20 min of his questions about me to which I fumbled at answering because it was my first time being evaluated by a psychologist, i was nervous and irritated because I was so nervous and messed up and he finally asks about my suspensions. I tell him and session's over and he keeps telling me he's not telling me no that he wants to wait a year and reevaluate me. I get out of there and my recruiter confirms what the psychologist told me, I am temporarily DQed for a year. I come to terms with it and go on with my senior year in JROTC LET II and doing PT every Wednesday at the recruiting station. Senior year ends and I end up moving from Florida to New York. Paperwork takes about a month to get transferred. My new recruiter tells me I'm all set to go back to MEPS now since the year is over and the day comes up and oh, BUMED. He tells me my file was sent to BUMED instead of them. I call down to my old recruiter to confirm this and he did. I got listed as a BUMED and now I have to wait. Now to me when I was told this I was completely confused because there had been no mention of it the entire year I had been waiting. So now I am still currently waiting for this BUMED decision to come through and tell me this supposed 'final' yes or no to be in the military. Again I apologize for the long story and appreciate any and all feedback.

So my questions are as follows:
    1. Why did I get listed as a BUMED? Or what got me listed on BUMED? Being slightly underweight or the psych counsel? Or something else?
    2. Do you get put on BUMED for things other than waivers?
    3. Is there a way to submit something like an appeal towards the decision made by BUMED?