Is This For Real?
Create Post

Is This For Real?

I got this as a forward today. I am usually wary of anything that looks this blatantly stupid, but the ACLU has been pretty petty before, so....anyone know if there's any truth to this?

ACLU Upset At Marines

If you look closely at the picture, you will note that all the Marines pictured are bowing their heads. That's because they're praying.

The incident took place at a recent ceremony honoring the birthday of the corps, and it has the ACLU up in arms. "These are federal employees," says Lucius Traveler, a spokesman for the ACLU, "on federal property and on federal time. For them to pray is clearly an establishment of religion, and we must nip this in the bud immediately."

When asked about the ACLU's charges, Colonel Jack Fessender, speaking for the Commandant of the Corps said (cleaned up a bit), "Screw the ACLU."

Attached Images Attached Images

Registered User Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    http://www.snopes.com/politics/religion/cemetery.asp - scroll down to the bottom of the page - the commentary accompanying the photo is fictitious.

Hummm

I guess the ACLU has never been around when a Marine prays when he has last pick for a wimen, a bit past midnight!

LOL

Registered User Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    ....YIPES!!!!!

The ACLU responded:

In regards to the latest urban legend that includes a picture of Marines praying and a quote from a supposed ACLU spokesperson, we have no knowledge of this event nor have we ever had a spokesperson by the name of Lucius Traveler.
    Last updated: 15 December 2003

In other words, it's a fake. I thought so. Thanks to you Trac Gunny

Ahh Sparrow, a redhead....Your Fav!

We all better pray that Sparrowhawk doesn't give she-man a wardrobe malfunction.

I've drank a few women beautiful in my time-but there isn't enough booze in the world to work on that one. SparrowHawk-she's all yours!!!

Thread Information