Multiple questions - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    MSG's only see an officer for just a couple days every six months. The officer administers the physical fitness test (PFT), annual essential subjects testing, conducts personal interviews (to make sure nobody's being mistreated), eats meals with the detachment (to make sure they're eating healthy), and conducts reactionary drills at the embassy (to make sure the detachment knows how to handle emergency situations like riots, bomb threats, hostage situations), etc. Enlisted Marines guard diplomatic missions, not officers.

Marine Friend Free Member knagle's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    I'm glad you told me that. I'm sure I'd find out sooner or later, but I'd rather know sooner so I can get my personal life in order, so I'm more likely to have success in my career. At this point, as dumb as this may sound, I'm planning to make it a career, as well as just serving 4 years. I have zero experience in the Marine Corps, nor do any of my family. So, I'm unsure whether I'll love it, or hate it when get in. Planning both ways, I should, in theory have success either way.

Focus on getting through boot camp first.

Credits
    Savings
    Getting through boot camp is certainly a necessary part, but it's only 13 weeks. I have to consider time after boot camp, as well as SOI. If I fail to take care of things in my personal life, there is a high likelihood that I won't even be selected to enter the training school.

Nava use to be in my old Command, hes a good dude and motivated always, but hes a youtuber and what do youtubers do? Sway their videos for the views. Yes your recruiter should allow you to join poolee workouts, as long as you show dedication that you are going to enlist. If you don't he may not want you to show up,because to him you would be a waste of time if you show no reason for you to be there.

Credits
    Savings
    He certainly seems like a good guy. While I understand everyone's reality is different, does he give an accurate representation of life in the Marine Corps?

Thread Information