Retake ASVAB?
Create Post

Thread: Retake ASVAB?

Question Retake ASVAB?

Hello so I've taken the asvab twice now and the first time I had a 47 with decent score lines, then my recruiter wanted me to retake to try and get above a 50 at least but I scored a 38 somehow since I wasn't given time to study for it at all and my score lines on those are lower, would the second test be what they'll use from now on out or will they use my original score and score lines for possible MOS's? Just wondering, I don't wanna be screwed over :/

Similar Threads:

When I went through the recruitment pipeline, it was my most recent test was used for my score. So I would assume that the 38 would be used. I would recommend asking your recruiter to take it again. As a 38 does not open you up to many options. He wants you to score a 50 that way he can kind of sway you to join a certain MOS that is hurting.

That's the gamble one takes by retaking the ASVAB - your score can get worse (your recruiter knew that). One can't just keep retaking it and keep the highest score (everyone would be doing that). Your most recent score is the official score and any previous ones are thrown out. At this point, your recruiter is not going to gamble again. Next time, you may not pass it at all.

With a 38, about the only thing you qualify for is changing tires/oil on trucks or baking bread in the messhall (if that's what you mean by getting screwed over).

Good luck.

USMEPCOM Regulation 611-1, September 11, 2017 , paragraph 3-4 a. (5):

Applicants, who have taken an initial ASVAB, student or enlistment, can retest after 1 calendar month has elapsed (e.g., initial test taken on 2 January, first retest was taken on 2 February, applicant is eligible for second retest on 2 March).
    Subsequent retests can be administered after 6 calendar months have elapsed from the last test date (e.g., initial test taken 2 January, retest taken 2 February, second retest taken on 2 March, third retest is authorized 2 September).

You better use your time wisely and study before you try the ASVAB again.

In trying to meet the desires and wants of the prospective wannabee Marine; we have accomplished (IMO) not a fvcking thing except giving in to something that has made the Marine Corps a place for less qualified people. military force of snowflakes!

ORDO AD CHAO

Thread Information