Advice from an old Marine to newly minted Devil Dogs.....
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Advice from an old Marine to newly minted Devil Dogs.....

I'm going to be honest here. My first two years in the Corps, I was a model Marine. Then, when I was three minutes late for mess duty, I got burned pretty bad in Office Hours.
    Instead of taking my lumps, like a man, I rebelled and became a sh*t-bird. I thought, "I'll show these guys!"
    Well, long story short....they showed me.
    I didn't hurt the Corps by my actions and attitude. I only hurt myself and my future in the Marine Corps.
    So, keep your nose clean. If you do make a mistake...be a Marine. Accept the consequences of your actions, and go on from there.
    Semper Fi

Similar Threads:

Good advice. Difficult to take at times.

I know that took a lot to admit, You're certainly standing tall now Marine.

When I was a rookie cop there was a rule to be at roll call 15 minutes before the hour. I came in just after they started the roll call and my Lt simply told me if I couldn't be on time to just go home and think about it with no pay. I was never late again. Hard Corps, like I was still in the MC.

Today, they're actually paid for those 15 minutes every day.

I broke all kinds of rules in Nam, a lot of us did. Some however, turned out to be for the best. Rules didn't matter much when it came to keeping you and your brothers bodies in one piece.

Still have a habit of getting places 15 Minutes early ...

Good Advice. We all screw up part of life just remember man up accept the consequences move on

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    and watch your six, like it or not, its always a brother that stabs you in the back when you lest expect it and especially from them.

Probably every Marine has broken a rule or even violated the UCMJ, but were either not caught or just let off with a warning. I be one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kegler300 View Post
    Probably every Marine has broken a rule or even violated the UCMJ, but were either not caught or just let off with a warning. I be one of them.
    There were tons of things I didnít get caught at but several I got away with cause I was a dumb squid as my Gunny called me 😀

You learn a lot when 14 of your 20 is spent with the Corps. To be honest didn’t really know the Navy at all. Know more history of the Corp then the Navy

Welcome aboard Doc!

Navy corpsmen are a Marine's best friend ...

That’s the biggest thing I miss since retiring in 97. I miss my Marines close knit community. There is nothing like the relationship between the Marines and their Devil Docs. We are officially Navy but after 14 years on the Green Side you realize there is nothing better

Thread Information