Question about my/a recruiter
Create Post
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Question about my/a recruiter

Long story short; I went to Parris Island in 2015 but was discharged due to a knee injury that I didn't even have. Fluid was in my knee but there was actually no injury to the knee. I have an MRI and letter from my doctor proving there in nothing wrong with it. I got an RE-3P reentry code and was told I can reenlist but would need a waiver.
    Mid June of this year, I met with a very nice recruiter who was very willing to work with my situation and try to get me back in. I gave him every piece of info I had on my discharge and on my knee. He submitted (June 21st) all my papers to try to get a bumed waiver. I text him every so often to see if he has heard anything but he hasn't answered me in a month. He doesn't respond to calls or text anymore. Did my waiver get denied and he just didn't bother telling me? Can I go to a new recruiter and see if he can take over where my last recruiter left off or would he have to resubmit everything? I have come this far trying to get back in and don't want to give up now.

Similar Threads:

Super Moderator Platinum Member USMC 2571's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Good question. Any chance of you meeting with him personally?? Ignore the lack of texts and don't text anymore, just show up? What do you have to lose? He might even be duly impressed by your persistence, a good quality to have. But do see if Kaumauxx wanders in here as he regularly does, he is a former recruiter who knows his stuff, pay attention to what he may have to say. Good luck. Keep us posted on this same thread, please.

Generally when recruiters stop replying it's because they've completed their tour of duty and have returned to the fleet/civilian life. (The number you have for him is for a government cell phone that has to be turned in to supply once the recruiter leaves)

Look up the number for the office and call it after 1800 or so. Ask one of the Marines if you can speak to your recruiter. If he isn't there anymore ask if you can speak to the SNCOIC and see if he can update you.

Credits
    Savings
    The only problem is, the office is a little over an hour drive from my house so I'd rather not take off of work and waste a trip going if he isn't answering. I hope he just didn't lose interest in me. I showed up at his office when he asked and brought everything and more of what he asked for. I'm beyond motivated but having a recruiter just stop responding to me makes me feel kind of sh!tty but hopefully it works out. Will keep this updated with whatever news I hear.

Credits
    Savings
    I will call the office tomorrow, thank you.

Credits
    Savings
    Well, I would just reply to you that an hour's drive doesn't seem too much to do when it comes to getting into the Corps or not getting into it. A phone call is fine, if they help you.

And IF IF IF they are ignoring you, it is harder to ignore someone standing inside the office than it is to ignore a phone call.

But showing up shows motivation, dedication, resourcefulness, persistence. If an hour is too long, that's fine, don't do it. If it seems worth it to you, then do it.

We can't tell you what you should do. Only you know that. Read the last sentence of your initial post again.

One thing to keep in mind about just showing up at Marine Corps recruiting offices is that we are usually undermanned and ALWAYS outwork the other branches.

Because of those two factors there is always a pretty good chance that no one will be present.

If you do decide to go without calling try to arrive between 1700-1900. Go too early and most of the recruiters will be on the road or at high schools. Go too late and they'll be on their way home. 17-1900 is the sweet spot when they're making phone calls and inputting the day's work into the computer.

Credits
    Savings
    You are right about that, I stand corrected. I recall now that when I went to a recruiter's office lately to get some brochures for someone, ALL the branches were closed, with business cards on the door and explanations re what time they might be back. So you're absolutely right. It would probably (likely) be a waste of time to hit the road only to find an empty office. OP, pay attention to my posts and disregard the inaccurate ones. LOL

I didn't read the other replies so if somebody else has already said this, disregard. I would say if you are dead set on reenlisting, contact another recruiting office and describe to that recruiter what has happened. If they are willing to work with you then you are set, just go through the pipeline again. If not, might be time to start studying for college my man.

Thread Information