The Drifter to be operated on tomorrow.
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

The Drifter to be operated on tomorrow.

As many of you know, Roger, The Drifter, Top Moderator on this site had been scheduled for an operation to remove a mass on his right kidney.

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...light=hospital

Well tomorrow is that day.

Last Thursday Roger woke up not feeling well,...Ellie his wife, took him to the emergency room which he remains in the VA hospital in ICU.....

Roger lost a lot of blood....vital signs were not stable...He is doing ok for now.....they had to give him 4 units of blood......and he was doing better Friday morning.....

He remains in ICU...till after the operation on scheduled for tomorrow, Monday....

Drop him a note, as I know he would appreciate knowing how Marines care for him. I am sure Ellie will pass on the messages.

She promises to keep us posted on his condition.....

Update on Roger...

I first want to Thank Everyone for all their Well Wishes....
    When Myself and Our Children saw Roger yesterday....I passed on....your messeges...which were Well Appreciated.....

Roger's hemoglobin was still not at the count they wanted....so he was given another 2 units of blood....His vital signs were good...and He was in good spirits yesterday....The best I have seen in weeks......

Roger was taken down to surgery Left Kidney removal and ureter(tube)) early this morning...I'm still up in the air if they are going to work on his anerysm which is located by the kidney...In ways I hope they do....if not they will have to go back and work on it in again in 6 months.....He was still in good spirits this morning....Roger's surgery is appox....6 hours....without problems.....So I will not know anything till late afternoon....my time EST.....
    As soon as I know I will let you all know...before I head down to go see him.....Like he is going to know I'm there....LOL...

Thank You All.....

Ellie and Roger's 4 Brats.....

Update.....

Roger is out of surgery....He is still in the recovery room....which he will be for the next hour to 1 1/2.....

His Doctor was pleased that the kidney and tube....came out just fine.....Could not work on his anerysm....because Roger was having breathing problems.....and did not want to push to much....

He is doing well...I was told..Vital signs are good except for the breathing...but they are working on that...Now since we have the cancer source out of the way....Next step is chemo to work with the cancer that was spread by the kidney.......

Will be going down to see Roger in the next few hours.....and Yes Jerry I will make sure I say Semper Fi....from you.....

Thank You All.....

You have all help keep Myself and Our Children Strong.......

Ellie and the 4 Brats

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Our prayers are with you! Semper Fi

Wearing a hole in my carpetting praying for thedrifter. Get well and stay sharp. We need your wisdom here.

Good to hear

Thanks Ellie, been thinking of him all day.

He musta been praying also, because yesterday when the church prayed for him, this time God didn't say, "Roger who?"

LOL

Sempers

Cook

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Glad to hear Roger is doing well - even gladder that you and the brats are OK.

Remember, I am only an hour and a half away if you need help.

Credits
    Savings
    my prayers and thoughts are with Roger you and your family.
    Semper Fi to Roger
    VFM

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Hang in there Roger and family. All are praying for you brother.

Semper Fidelis

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Take care of yourselves...the best that you can. My prayers and well wishes are heading your way.
    Gary(osotogary)

Get well soon Drifter. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
    Reading all your post have become a regular part of my routine since finding this website. I really enjoy it. Semper Fi .

Drifter, my prayers are always with you and your family!
    Stay strong, and keep a stiff upper lip!

Semper Fi!!

My prayers to you Roger and to your family. Semper Fidelis,
    Tom Murray

Thanks for the update Ellie, Keep up the good work for our brother!!!
    Tell him I said hurry and get well, I'll buy the first round in DC.
    Call me if theres anthing I can do to cheer the old fart up!!
    (804) 640-1333 my cell number
    Tell him we all are praying for him, Hope to see you and him soon!!
    Mike
    FREEBIRD

Good luck Drifter........3 surgeries later and I'm ok...keep the faith and you will be just fine.

Thread Information