Dui
Create Post

Thread: Dui

Dui

Hello all. I am going to attempt to enlist soon and wanted to know about wavier on DUIs(Forgot the name of it). I have gotten two in my life. One for going back home that was a block away and the other on New Years for sleeping in my truck in the parking lot not wanting to drive home(Lot good that did me). Both were 7+ years ago with nether being a felony or bodily harm to another person or damage to property. Also those 2 things are the only things I have ever been arrested for as well.

Just wanted to see the likely hood of a waiver for those or basically just wasting my time going to try. Just asking before I go to the recruiters and try.

Thanks for the responses in advance.

It's a long shot. You're going to need some serious greenweights.

A greenweights is recruiter talk for something that makes you standout compared to other applicants. Greenweights can be things like volunteering at soup kitchen, helping old ladies cross the street, walking on water, etc.

You will also most likely need to be considered an "alpha", meaning you score 50 or higher on the EST (practice ASVAB).

And it wouldn't hurt to be able to do a ton of pull ups and crunches.

Basically when you go into the office you want to be able to show them that with the exception of your TWO DUIs you're the best thing since sliced bread.

How old were you when you got the two DUIs?

Were they convictions? Kamauxx, I imagine that makes a difference, does it not?

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Kamauxx View Post
    It's a long shot. You're going to need some serious greenweights.

A greenweights is recruiter talk for something that makes you standout compared to other applicants. Greenweights can be things like volunteering at soup kitchen, helping old ladies cross the street, walking on water, etc.

You will also most likely need to be considered an "alpha", meaning you score 50 or higher on the EST (practice ASVAB).

And it wouldn't hurt to be able to do a ton of pull ups and crunches.

Basically when you go into the office you want to be able to show them that with the exception of your TWO DUIs you're the best thing since sliced bread.

How old were you when you got the two DUIs?
    They were back in 09-10 (happened in a 9 month period). I was 22-23 respectably.

For the pft I can currently score a 275 for the 21-25 age group (that run time is a pain to get a lower time so working on that) and as for the asvab, the pre test are usually in the mid 80s. With a bit more studying I should be able to get late 80s to 90s on the actual test.

I had to crush both those 2 because I need an age waiver for being 31. Basically show them the difference between an 18 year old and someone in their physical prime.

Quote Originally Posted by crazymjb View Post
    Were they convictions? Kamauxx, I imagine that makes a difference, does it not?

Mike
    As in guilty/plea bargain? Then yes I was guilty on both. (Didn't take a lawyer since I knew I did wrong and being in California you are as good as guilty when charged anyway)

No, as in what is the disposition on your record. Often people think they have an OUI conviction but it was actually CWOF'd.

Mike

No, as in what is the disposition on your record. Often people think they have an OUI conviction but it was actually CWOF'd.

Mike
    Im actually not sure. Is there a way to check?

Mike
    Was trying to look but I believe both were CWOF and if i'm reading it right both the probations would have ended 2 years ago. But is there anyway to check for certain?

You may be able to pull the records from the courthouse you were at. Also may be able to pull a criminal offender records check from your state, though I'm not sure what it will include.

A CWOF is not a conviction -- again Kamauxx probably has more info on how this works RE enlisting, but it should tilt heavily in your favor. Essentially you likely plead sufficient facts and after the probationary period it disappeared. IE you have no conviction, though it is still can be found on your record but shouldn't interfere with any of your rights.

Mike

You may be able to pull the records from the courthouse you were at. Also may be able to pull a criminal offender records check from your state, though I'm not sure what it will include.

A CWOF is not a conviction -- again Kamauxx probably has more info on how this works RE enlisting, but it should tilt heavily in your favor. Essentially you likely plead sufficient facts and after the probationary period it disappeared. IE you have no conviction, though it is still can be found on your record but shouldn't interfere with any of your rights.

Mike
    Looked and I guess we don't have cwof's in california. Or I should say can't ask for one unless you are a dui attorney. Even if you ask you are more than likely not to get one in this state it seems.

^You have all the same rights relative to your own defense as a lay-person as an attorney does. You need to find a way to pull your records.

Mike

You mean CA is actually strict on something? I had the impression the liberal politicians and judges out there basically let their citizens/noncitizens do what the hell they ever want to do - SPECIALLY if you happen to be an illegal immigrant the legal system will bend over backwards for you.

Thread Information