Question All the Grunts Out There
Create Post
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Question All the Grunts Out There

I am nearly positive that this is on the forum somewhere I just can not seem to find what I am looking for. I have seen a few Marines here on the forum talk about how grunt life when not on a deployment is just terrible. Could some of current or past grunts explain this or prove it wrong? Thanks in advance.

Similar Threads:

I am not/was not a grunt. But, what you're talking about is life in garrison (versus life on field exercises or on deployment). Basically means, living in the barracks, organized physical fitness training, cleaning weapons/gear, standing personnel/uniform/room inspections, attending such mandatory classes as transgender/LGBTQ sensitivity training, vehicle safety, sexually transmitted diseases, human trafficking, substance abuse, financial responsibility, ethical decision making, equal opportunity, law of war, code of conduct, integrity/theft prevention, problem solving, sexual harassment, hazing, suicide prevention, fraternization, etc. Garrison life also means room inspections once a week, buildings and ground maintenance (picking up cigarette butts, weed eating, painting, etc). You be the judge how much fun any of that sounds like.

plus besides all of that, there is still Training, out to the field to keep the edge sharp for when you are deployed...

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Thank you both very much for your help.

If you're a grunt, married and have kids, life is great between deployments.

Thread Information