Info on my brother Leo Melowicz?
Create Post
    Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Info on my brother Leo Melowicz?

I'm hoping to find someone who knew my brother Cpl. Leo Melowicz. He was USMC from 1966-1970, & was a Wireman in Comm Co, HQ BN, 3rd Marine Division, FMF.

I just got my brother's USMC/Vietnam records from the National Archives, & it was very emotional reading – I miss him so much.

I'd really appreciate hearing from anyone who served with & remembers my brother. Thanks.

Similar Threads:

I knew Leo only after his service, I think the war really affected him, I met him here in New Britain in 1981 after I was discharged from the Marine corps, you can contact me at adamkrz@sbcglobal.net, I believe he is buried in wallingford,ct - and will visit his grave soon.

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Thank you for taking the time to answer my post. Yes, my brother was deeply hurt by his combat experience in Vietnam. His service records from the National Archives were over 80 pages long, listing battle after non-stop battle. He never recovered from it, even though he tried.

He’s buried in the CT State Veterans Cemetery in Middletown. I live out of state, & haven’t been there since his funeral in 1993. It would be a great kindness if you could visit & pay your respects. He was a good soldier & a good man. Thank you again

Quote Originally Posted by ululator View Post
    Thank you for taking the time to answer my post. Yes, my brother was deeply hurt by his combat experience in Vietnam. His service records from the National Archives were over 80 pages long, listing battle after non-stop battle. He never recovered from it, even though he tried.

He’s buried in the CT State Veterans Cemetery in Middletown. I live out of state, & haven’t been there since his funeral in 1993. It would be a great kindness if you could visit & pay your respects. He was a good soldier & a good man. Thank you again
    I will visit him tomorrow and make it a point to visit regularly, I remember fishing many times with Leo and also hitting the clubs at night - this is when Leo would suffer severe flashbacks and he also thought we served together - I wish I had the knowledge I have now to help him and I know the V.A. is better now then it was after the war, Although Leo is not on the Vietnam wall it is the war that killed him I believe - Leo was a great guy and also a true hero, Sincerely Adam Krzynowek

Adam, you're a great friend brother. I wish there were more like you. S/F

Thread Information