Poolee jail time?
Create Post
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Poolee jail time?

Just wondering what the offical PAPERWORK (not you) says about if a poolee gets like a week in jail for a misdemeator?

Similar Threads:

Super Moderator Platinum Member USMC 2571's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    What does your recruiter say?

A week for just a misdemeanor? What the hell did you do? Normally don't get jail time for a first offense. How many times have you been convicted now anyways?

Quote Originally Posted by Tennessee Top View Post
    A week for just a misdemeanor? What the hell did you do? Normally don't get jail time for a first offense. How many times have you been convicted now anyways?
    Hey TTOP.....

Exactly what I was going to respond with.
    This should be interesting.

A good weekend to all....

Credits
    Savings
    He probably means he sat in jail for a week waiting for his next hearing. But this is unclear, as is the original question. What does the paperwork say? Only the recruiter would know.
    It would be highly unusual to receive a sentence of a week in jail. But the OP will be along to clarify all this for us, so we can be of some assistance. But there is no substitute for asking the recruiter. Who else would know?

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennessee Top View Post
    Lol I've never be in jail nor to court. I just know another poolee that has "sticky hands" and personally wondering what would happen if he/she got caught stealing and being a disturbance.

Pretty sure they've never had priors. I thought aboyt 15 days bc if you get 30 days then serve half on good behavior. Or they get community service.

Didn't want to ask a recruiter and then they ask and have to trow them under the bus

Would they be kicked out or on a final straw kind of deal.

Credits
    Savings
    Being honest, having integrity, and the consequences of Fraudulent Enlistment under the UCMJ are hardly to be equated with being thrown under the bus. If anyone throws anyone under the bus, it is the person responsible for the crimes. They threw themselves under the bus.

Since your he/she friend is a transgender apparently, their bigger worry is if the president will let them serve at all! lol

Just poking fun.

Honestly (and this is unfortunate) it depends on how valuable the Poolee is seen as by the RS. If the Poolee is what's considered a high value target they will be more likely to receive a waiver for things that are waiverable. (HVT would be a female, a Reservist, a band member).

If the Poolee in question is a "reg male" (male Poolee with less than 50 ASVAB score) the RS's Ops O will be more inclined to discharged him because he's easy to replace.

Really, just tell your dumb ass friend to get a job!

Cody, your friend should have been born earlier....in my time, having a police record was a not an issue. Having an 8th grade education.....no problem. The Corps wanted men who were healthy and would fight for the Corps. Some of the best Marines were made during those years. Good Luck

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Mongoose is right. Those days are long gone. I went to boot camp with a guy who was told by a judge, 10-years in prison or 4-years honorably in the Marine Corps. He was a good recruit and I ran into him about six-years later. He had re-upped, was a sergeant about to make staff sergeant. He found discipline and a home in the Corps. I was very happy for him as he was a nice guy. But that was then.

Thread Information