Metoc - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Metoc

Yes it is and long overdue. The wannabes who come here seeking advice/answers deserve to be treated with respect and not talked down to - that is not the purpose of this thread and is counterproductive. Let's hope he hangs around longer than his predecessors did.

I'll hang around for a bit. Don't really see a reason not to. Hopefully I can help steer some youngbucks in the right direction.

Thank you all for the responses. I asked my recruiters about the job but they had no idea on any of it. Any former METOC Marines here that could share some experiences on it?

The June 2017 of Leatherneck Magazine has an small article on METOC. It explains the school and some of the duty.

If you go to the Marines.mil site and type METOC in the search box, there are some videos.

Thank you TolzerVman. I'll look it up.

I know I am extremely late to the party in this one but heres what I can tell you about METOC. It is extremely hard to promote through this MOS being that they are super small and not a lot of movement happens at the upper levels. you will most likely sign a 5 year contract, they are stationed either at the Intel BN's or at the Wing level.

You will do daily forecast briefs that go straight to the Base CG or get posted on the MEF web pages for all to use. you will brief first when ever the MEU commander is briefed on ops, you also have the ability to do riverine analysis though the ones I have worked with were rusty on that skill.

A lot of people dont realize how important the weather is, D-Day took place a day later than originally planned due to a weather forecast.

Thread Information