Questions about DEP Marines
Create Post

Questions about DEP Marines

I'm 17 years old and I'm going to be a senior in high school this year and I've decided over a year ago that I want to serve in the USMC. I had a few questions about the DEP. If I want to ship out next summer should I see a recruiter now or should I wait a few months, and what responsibilities do poolees have while in the Delayed Entry Program? Thanks in advance

Similar Threads:

See a recruiter now. There is no obligation and you do not have to enlist/join the DEP if you're not ready. Gather information and get all your questions answered so you can formulate a plan of action (specially if there are any waivers involved which can take a lot of time). You can be in the DEP for a total of 365 days so this time next summer. It's rare anybody hangs around that long but sometimes it can take months for the MOS (job) one wants to come available - if ever. Only poolee responsibilities I'm aware of is maintaining contact with their recruiter and showing up for mandatory poolee functions like physical training (PT).

Part of enlisting and joining the DEP means taking the ASVAB exam (aptitude test). This exam will have a major impact on the MOS you're eligible for. Higher the score, more jobs available. Knowing that, you need to use this time to study. You can find study materials at your public library, bookstores, and online.

Good luck.

Thread Information