1.5 mile run
Create Post

Thread: 1.5 mile run

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

1.5 mile run

I would have added this in my 3 mile post but I didn't know there was a 1.5 run.

I was wondering what is required and the 100th percentile?

Maybe I can't reach the 100th percentile but I still would like to be about 85 and up.

I can run 1.5 in 7:50. Is that good enough to be about 85 percentile/ far above average?

Similar Threads:

Credits
    Savings
    Does the IST not matter as much PFT?

You must pass the IST in order to ship to bootcamp. That's the only importance it has. When you get to bootcamp, you'll take another IST. You must pass that IST in order to be picked up by a training platoon. Anyone failing the IST at bootcamp (it does happen) is sent to the Physical Conditioning Platoon (PCP) where you do nothing but PT and train to retake the IST (normally two weeks). Upon passing the IST, recruits are then picked up for training by a training platoon (but they are now behind the group they originally shipped with).

PFT matters more than the IST because the PFT is a graduation requirement (along with rifle qualification, swim qualification, written exams (knowledge), and the battalion commander's personnel inspection. Once you get to the Fleet Marine Force, your PFT score affects your ability to get promoted.

Don't know what the percentiles mean. Your recruiter will have to explain that to you.

The score is what matters, you don't get bonus points for exceeding it. Based off what you have posted for your run times you'll be among the fastesr and you'll have no problem maxing out the running portion of the PFT. The IST is pass/fail.

Also, I don't know what the percentiles are... I doubt anyone keeps them insofar as run times are concerned. For PFTs I'm sure there out there.

Credits
    Savings
    Thanks I didn't know about the 1.5 run so I was freaking out on trying to do my best.

We're not telling you to not do your best. We're just saying the IST is not that important and the PFT is more important. Your DI's will demand maximum effort and doing your best in everything you do from the time you step off the bus at the recruit depot. These recruits are doing their IST at Parris Island:

inorder to get 100 points on the IST for the run it is 9:00 IE the IST run is half the 3 mile and for the 3 mile a perfect run time is 18:00 or less.

Credits
    Savings
    Thanks. P.s I'm not bragging I just loveeeee running

Well you're going to the right place, then.

Mike

Truth! The Marine Corps is all about some running!!

Thread Information