Aircraft maintainers and aircrew
Create Post
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Aircraft maintainers and aircrew

Hello, Marines! My name is Daniel. I'm an 18 year old high school graduate preparing to join the Marine Corps. I will be heading to MEPS in a few days. One of my interests in the Marine Corps is aviation. A dream of mine is to fly for the Marine Corps, however I also want to get experience in electronics from the Marine Corps to give me a firm basis in that field for when I study electrical engineering after my enlistment. While doing some research into Marine Corps aviation, I learned about the Aerial Observer program. My question is how likely is it that, assuming I become an avionics marine in an HMLA, HMH, or VMM squadron, that I can become an Aerial Observer and fly aboard aircraft; and how does the AO program exactly work? Thank you for your time.