3 mile run
Create Post

Thread: 3 mile run

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

3 mile run

What is the fastest 3 mile run time in USMC or South Carolina? I run it in 16:00; where would that place me? Is that good?

Similar Threads:

Quote Originally Posted by Cody Hall View Post
    What is the fastest 3 mile run time in USMC or South Carolina? I run it in 16:00; where would that place me? Is that good?
    yes, that is very good when I was at Quantico there was a Lt. that ran the 3 miles in 13 or 14 something, he was on his way back before we got to the 1.5 mile marker..lol Lt. Yabarburo, not sure if the spelling is correct...

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by irpat54 View Post
    yes, that is very good when I was at Quantico there was a Lt. that ran the 3 miles in 13 or 14 something, he was on his way back before we got to the 1.5 mile marker..lol Lt. Yabarburo, not sure if the spelling is correct...
    Wow that's fast lol!

Fastest time scored is 18 minutes. That will get you the maximum 100 possible points for the run portion of the Physical Fitness Test (PFT). Anything under 18 minutes does not count and just shows you're one of the fastest runners taking the PFT that day - does not really earn anything other than the personal satisfaction of being one of the first runners back to the starting line.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennessee Top View Post
    Fastest time scored is 18 minutes. That will get you the maximum 100 possible points for the run portion of the Physical Fitness Test (PFT). Anything under 18 minutes does not count and just shows you're one of the fastest runners taking the PFT that day - does not really earn anything other than the personal satisfaction of being one of the first runners back to the starting line.
    Lt. Yabarburo left the Corps or at least he said he was going to, and try for the Olympics, never heard anything from Him after that, don't know if he tried or not, but that was his goal, or he could have been just pulling our legs..lol

My fastest 3-mile run time was 15:50 when I was a strapping young 140 pound Cpl. I usually ran in the 16 to 17 minute range, but as I got older I slowed down and my last run time less than 18 minutes was around 1994 as a GySgt. My last PFT before I retired in 2005, I ran 22:30 with 30 more pounds on my body than when I was a Cpl.

I'm sure now I could do pretty well, I just get my belly bouncing and dribble it in front of me and I would cruise right along...lol

Y'all some fast mofos! Best I could ever do was 19:10, when I was in boot camp and running like you do in boot camp. Now I'm hitting mid-50s and can at least still run 3 miles! (24 minutes, I'm trying to get that down to 23:00 by the end of the summer).

So never was all that fast, still ain't, but I haven't stopped yet...

s/f

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by madsox View Post
    Y'all some fast mofos! Best I could ever do was 19:10, when I was in boot camp and running like you do in boot camp. Now I'm hitting mid-50s and can at least still run 3 miles! (24 minutes, I'm trying to get that down to 23:00 by the end of the summer).

So never was all that fast, still ain't, but I haven't stopped yet...

s/f
    I can't speak for the others but I'm 17 and 130 pounds (in my prime). And the fact I ran track and cross country for 2 years.

Thread Information