Questions about boot camp
Create Post

Questions about boot camp

After completing boot camp will you still be able to speak out of third person? Also does the rule apply to other words like me, my and mine and not just I?

Similar Threads:

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Yes, you will be able to use the first person form of address. The third person form used in boot camp is technically the formal way of addressing officers, but it's very rarely used these days.

After boot camp you get to spend SOI or MCT learning how to be a normal person again.

Zulu, I never knew that RE addressing officers in 3rd person. I've never seen it done.

Mike

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I have heard it done, but it was always a SNCO being sarcastic to some stupid boot lieutenant.

During boot camp are you not allowed to use the words me, my and mine as well?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Nice guy,

No, you will refer to yourself always in the third person, i.e., "this recruit."

Alright, thanks!

You'll figure it out pretty quick.

Mike

Have seen it used after bootcamp and even used it myself on occasion - most typically with flag officers. We also used it on embassy duty in deference to an ambassador. It was always "Mr Ambassador" or "The Ambassador" when conversing with one which was rare; we never said "you" which would've been too informal or familiar. We did have one ambassador in Managua Nicaragua who was a former Marine officer and had us over to the official residence to use his private pool often. Even then, we never used "you" when talking to him.

Thread Information