UZ Contract?
Create Post

Thread: UZ Contract?

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

UZ Contract?

Hello Marines,
    quick question. My recruiter(s) told me that getting a UZ contract guarantees that after boot camp I have a slot in BRC. They didnt say whether Id go to SOI between basic and BRC. They also said that if I failed or dropped out, Id get (or at least likely get) moved to another MOS, like cook or something NOT infantry.
    I also read on some sites, such as this one (https://www.reddit.com/r/USMCboot/co...brc_questions/) , that a UZ contract means that I go to SOI, and while Im there i go to BRC when the guys who want to try it out would go as well. And if I failed, then I would be sent back to finish my 03XX training.
    And again, I heard from another source that UZ means immediately after completing SOI, I go to BRC.
    Which of the above is actually correct. Ive read all 3 statements many times, and would like to know. The main thing I want to know is just if I can get a UZ contract and be certain that Ill become a regular 03XX if I fail out of BRC, so long as I dont quit.
    thank you

Similar Threads:

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    The answer is you go to SOI after boot camp, then to BRC. However, if you flunk out of BRC, whatever the reason, you become an open contract and the Corps can assign you where ever they want. It probably won't be infantry.

Credits
    Savings
    Hey, thanks for the reply.
    I was just reading this: http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...-Clarification

Is there a place online that I can access so I can see what the wording on a contract is? thank you.

This is the way I understand it (but I'm not a recruiter).

If you're already a grunt in the fleet, try out for BRC and fail, you remain a grunt and are sent back to your infantry battalion from where you came.

If you have a UZ contract, you go to SOI after bootcamp, then to Camp Pendleton CA for BRC. If you get dropped from training (and most do), you're automatically reclassified as open contract - you'll be assigned a new MOS based on the needs of the Marine Corps at that time.

If you are unsure of who/what to believe, I recommend you believe your recruiter as they have the most up-to-date information regarding MOS programs (things do change so how it worked for someone in the past does not mean that's how it works today). Most important thing is, read your contract (specially the MOS appendage) and understand it completely before signing it. You'd be amazed at how many poolees never bother and then wonder why they don't get the MOS they THOUGHT they were guaranteed.

Good luck.

That link you provided is 6 years old and may not be relevant today. That's why you have to listen to your recruiter and not stuff you're read or heard.

The Marines who answered on that thread back in 2011 were recruiters. There are no recruiters on this page now.

Credits
    Savings
    Alright thanks.
    I also noticed that the source cited earlier was from the terms of agreement on the HZ contract, which was supposedly the original UZ. Is there a place I can see the documentation for a UZ contract for myself? thanks

Check with your recruiter. They should be willing to share any links/current info they have on the programs you're interested in. Again, your recruiter is your BEST source of information. That's what they're there for. They go to a formal school and are trained for that job.

FWIW if there is ANY doubt that you will be reassigned to the infantry under UZ, I would ONLY take the UZ option if you are a phenomenal athlete with a couple years of life experience built up. By phenomenal athlete I mean a distance runner and swimmer, or otherwise endurance athlete.

Mike

Go to youtube and search for "Surviving The Cut: Marine Recon".

If you still think you have what it takes, decide which route you want to take - with a UZ contract out of bootcamp, or as a grunt from the fleet.

Thread Information