Prior enlistment relationship help
Create Post

Exclamation Prior enlistment relationship help

First off, I would like to apologize for posting this in a Marine Corps chatroom, there's probably better places for me to talk about mushy relationship stuff but I need an enlisted person's opinion. I would ask my recruiter but i feel its a little too personal. Anyways, on to my predicament. I am a poolee, expected to ship out next month for boot camp. Now most every Marine would tell me not to get involved in a relationship just before boot camp but that's not what I am here to ask. To make a long story short, i am talking to this freshman girl who is very interested in me and vise versa. We both have our parent's consent to date one another, especially with her being a minor and i am turning 18 in 5 days (She is 15 almost 16). Now my main question is, would i get in major trouble for dating a minor WITH PARENTAL CONSENT while i am enlisted in the Marines and if so, how severely? Thank you, and Semper Fi

Similar Threads:

Find a girl your own ******* age... or at least not 15. Don't be an idiot. Or a criminal. I'm usually all for offering constructive advice but you need a reality check. 1. In no way will this work 2. Just no.

Mike

This is all probably just a big waste of our time but I'll bite. I led Marines for 22.6 years and if there's one thing I learned it's this. When it comes to females, you can counsel Marines till you're blue in the face. But ultimately, they are still going to do what they're going to do regardless. You're not a Marine, but it's pretty obvious to me, you're going to mess with this minor, regardless of anything any of us tell you.

To answer your specific question. It's against the law for an adult to have sex with a minor (even with parental consent) - that's called rape because the minor is not old enough to consent. It's not against the law for you to date her, but the Marine Corps would not approve of that relationship (for obvious reasons). It would be up to your command to decide what they would do about if (if they ever found out).

I am not going to give you any advice because it would just be a waste of my time.

Butt your head on an oncoming locomotive. Like Top said, this post doesn't deserve a response...but I bit.

Thread Information