Possible to try for Recon/Marsoc with a Security Forces contract?
Create Post

Possible to try for Recon/Marsoc with a Security Forces contract?

Just signed a UV contract and I'm really excited about it. I assume recon/marsoc will be out of the question until I transfer into the FMF, just wondering if anyone can help me determine if these opportunities will still be available that late into my enlistment? From what I understand recon is offered at SOI and then its kind of a crap shoot after that. Just hoped someone could give me an idea of how likely or unlikely it would be to get a crack at it after my time with Security Forces. Thanks.

Similar Threads:

Recon battalions hold tryouts for grunts periodically. Not sure how the process works. Meaning, if the Recon battalion accepts you, does that mean you automatically get orders to Recon Indoctrination Training or, can your infantry battalion decide not to release you. Based on that, I would say the possibility exists but, the stars would need to align just right for it to happen.

Marines can try out for MARSOC regardless of MOS. Check out the selection criteria tab on their homepage at www.marsoc.com

Good luck.

Recon almost always accepts volunteers for INDOC out of SOI. However, I'm fairly sure Security Forces won't be accepted though, as you require follow on school. Won't hurt to try though.

As for Recon and Marsoc down the road, both are possibilities as far as second enlistment. Just talk to your career planner.

Thread Information