Anglico - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anglico

^^^not listed on the ALMAR I read. There were many more MOS's including aviation, cyber warfare, intelligence, EOD, etc but did not see Force Recon.

Force Recon Companies and Recon Battalions are type of units with different missions but both are staffed by 0321.

Per NAVMC 3500.55B dated 29 May 2013:

1 . Purpose. Per reference (a), this T&R Manual establishes training standards, regulations, and practices regarding the training of Marines and assigned Navy personnel in Marine Corps RECON Battalions or Force RECON Companies. Additionally, it provides tasking for formal schools to prepare personnel for the reconnaissance-based military occupational specialties of 0321 (RECON
    Man), 0307 (Expeditionary Ground RECON Officer), 0316 (Combat Rubber RECON Craft Coxswain), 0323 (RECON Man Parachute Qualified), and 0324 (RECON Man Combatant Diver Qualified).

Is the 0326 MOS gone? I understand that 0321 is or was the basic Recon MOS, but Force always stood alone, except in NAM when Force was basically forced to merge with Company Recon until it was straightened out by I believe General Wheeler or Green.

ORDO AD CHAO

1. MOS 0326, Reconnaissance Man, Parachute and Combatant Diver Qualified
    (MGySgt to Pvt) NMOS (0321)
    a. Summary. Reconnaissance Man, Parachute and Combatant Diver Qualified, participates in reconnaissance activities to gain information about the enemy and terrain. When appropriate, utilizes parachute and/or combatant diving in the execution of reconnaissance missions.
    b. Prerequisites. Must hold MOS 0321, Reconnaissance Man.
    c. Requirements. Complete Basic Airborne Course at USAIS at Ft Benning, GA; and MCCDC approved Combatant Diver Qualification Course.
    d. Duties. For a complete listing of duties and tasks, refer to reference (ca), the Reconnaissance Training and Readiness Manual.

2. According to MCRP 1-10.1, dated 2 May 2016, Force Recon Companies are part of the Recon Battalion. The Recon Battalion has 3 Recon Companies and 1 Force Recon Company and 1 HQ and Service Company.

Would you agree or disagree that the bloom is off the flower for Force, and that Marsoc has assumed it's place in terms of elites in the Corps?

ORDO AD CHAO

1. I disagree; different units with different missions. It depends on what challenge you look for as an individual. In my humble opinion, Recon units are ghosts; you should never know they are/were there, and SOF units are only ghosts when doing Special Reconnaissance.

2. (from JP 3-05, Speical Operations)
    Special Operations Core Activities:
    a. Direct action
    b. Special reconnaissance
    c. Countering weapons of mass destruction
    d. Counterterrorism
    e. Unconventional warfare
    f. Foreign internal defense
    g. Security force assistance
    h. Hostage rescue and recovery
    i. Counterinsurgency
    j. Foreign humanitarian assistance
    k. Military information support operations
    l. Civil affairs operations

3. (From MCWP 2-25, Ground Reconnaissance Operations)

The mission of the FORECON company is to conduct amphibious reconnaissance, surveillance, and raids in support of the Marine expeditionary force (MEF), other MAGTFs, or joint task forces as required. These units conduct reconnaissance in support of advance force operations, MAGTF operations, and GCE operations. Force reconnaissance uses specialized insertion, patrolling, reporting, and extraction techniques to carry out reconnaissance and surveillance tasks in support of the MAGTF and maintains the capability to perform special operations capable tasks. During operations, the reconnaissance battalion exercises administrative control while the MEF exercises operational control. For more information on the missions, capabilities, and organizations of FORECON companies, see MCRP 5-12D, Organization of Marine Corps Forces.

The primary mission of the FORECON companies, or elements thereof, is employed to observe, identify, and report intelligence information on the enemy, weather, and terrain.

Force reconnaissance Marines normally operate under the staff cognizance of the intelligence support coordinator of the MAGTF G-2/S-2 for reconnaissance and surveillance missions and under the staff cognizance of the MAGTF G-3/S-3 for offensive missions. When required by the situation, the FORECON company or detachments may be placed in direct support to smaller MAGTFs or to MEF major subordinate commands other than the command element. The FORECON companies maintain the capability to perform some special operations capable tasks in support of MAGTF and joint operations.

Force reconnaissance platoons and teams conduct advance force operations, amphibious reconnaissance, underwater reconnaissance, ground reconnaissance, surveillance, battlespace shaping, and raids in the supported commander’s area of interest.

These operations often take place well beyond the range of MAGTF supporting arms and in the vicinity of the enemy’s operational reserve, staging and marshaling areas, and key lines of communications to collect and report information in response to the commander’s priority intelligence requirements and intelligence requirements, as well as support intelligence collections and dissemination plans.

4. (From NAVMC 1200.1a)
    MOS 0372, Critical Skills Operator (MGySgt to Sgt) PMOS
    a. Summary. Critical Skills Operators (CSO) are Marines trained to execute missions in the Special Operations Core Operations and Activities of Foreign Internal Defense (FID)/Security Force Assistance (SFA), Direct Action (DA), Special Reconnaissance (SR), Counter-Terrorism (CT), support to Information Operations (IO), support to Unconventional Warfare (UW), and support to Countering Weapons of Mass Destruction (CWMD) as part of the Marine Corps component to USSOCOM. CSO Marines possess high levels of maturity, experience, judgment and the ability to rapidly apply critical thought to operational objectives. They are able to quickly achieve a commander's intent through mission orders and the effective application of these traits. They succeed in the face of adversity by being able to make the right decision, at the right place, and at the right time. CSO Marines are team-oriented, but are trained and ready to function as individuals and as members of an element, team, company, battalion or regiment. They are capable of operations across the entire spectrum of Special Operations, from employment in isolated and austere locales with little-to-no conventional support to operations as fully integrated units in a Combined Joint Special Operations Task Force (CJSOTF) or other Joint task organized configurations. To facilitate this, CSOs are also intensively trained as a Subject Matter Expert in advanced communications, engineering, special weapons, intelligence, and advanced special operations, depending on their billet in the MSOT. CSOs operate as cross-cultural diplomats and global scouts, with the unique ability to exert influence in areas and situations that are absent authority. They may also possess advanced language capabilities and cultural familiarity, and are adept at working by, with and through partner nation forces in pursuit of strategic goals and objectives. CSO's possess a naval
    expeditionary character, and as such provides maximum versatility for Geographical Combatant Commanders. MARSOF Marines are capable of rapid integration and interoperability with the joint force.

My question to you is why do you feel qualified to compare Marsoc to Recon or Force.

ORDO AD CHAO

Tolzer; unless I overlooked it; your profile reflects no training etc; as an Anglico/Recon/Force qualified person. Anyone can read out of a manual; but have no hands on experience.

ORDO AD CHAO

True; I was never Recon/Force/MarSoc or Ranger/Green Beret. I was only a support guy in a Special Forces Battalion. Yet, I saw what the unit trained in, talked to people in the unit, and noticed what missions we received. I know it means nothing to you, but I earned my "S" identifier for being a Special Operations Support Personnel. I went on two operational missions, and during the Gulf War, I was the Adjutant/S-1 while only a Staff Sergeant.

I am not a tanker, but I know the Marine Corps does not have as many tanks as the Army. That was why an Army tank brigade was added to the Marine Corps in Gulf War I. It does not mean that Marines could not learn to fight with massive amount of tanks, it just means that the Army practices it.

I am stating that each has a mission that they train for. I used the books to show you what the different missions types and skill sets are. Some skills overlap;some do not. When doing foreign humanitarian assistance work, an SOF core set, you need language skills. MarSoc/SF Battalion have those language skills organic to the unit. Force Recon/Battalion Recon would need interpreters since they are not organic to the unit.

I hope this clears up the point I was trying to make. All those guys are elite because they do more training than ordinary units, so the government gives them big bonuses and faster promotions.

Hammer, if you were Force Recon, Battalion Recon, ANGLICO, etc, what missions changed from the 1960s? I come to this site to learn and to teach others.

ANGLICO is pretty good to go, worked closely with them on last deployment. Operate in small teams, comprised of JFO's, JTAC's, and RO's. Main job is to act as a liaison between foreign forces and the US. Job is to call in Air, Arty, and Naval Guns. As far as I know, its luck of the draw getting there right out of MOS school, however its possible to request orders to ANGLICO after your first deployment. Whether it gets approved or not is another question. And yes, they do get jump school seats, as do quite a few other MOS's in the Marine Corps.

Poolee/DEP Free Member Jprez556's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    UPDATE!!! So Ive retaken the ASVAB and my Gt score is a 109, Ive swore in and I'm a Poolee now, ship date 08201713. Im going to my recruiter today and I got a 70 on the ASVAB not really sure if thats relevant but my buddy is enlisting soon too and him and I hope to get ANGLICO but if not Id be fine with arty and I'm going to put infantry as second pick.

Credits
    Savings
    Edit: I meant 08201813... lol

Super Moderator Platinum Member USMC 2571's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Not on topic, but congratulations on now being a poolee. If you want to change your status from Marine Friend to Poolee, PM the head honcho Foxtrot Oscar and he will make the change for you.

Credits
    Savings
    I know, I already have and he said it was done... but it didn’t register I guess but I’m okay with it haha

Super Moderator Platinum Member USMC 2571's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Ok......

Thread Information